Ten favourite lines revisited.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ten favourite lines revisited.

DD posted a list of her ten favourite lines from WAW, which led to a lot of discussion.

I've been trying to find the page numbers the lines come from, and I've managed nine of them. So, since nobody else mentioned this, here's my version of the list:

p371 Dairine to Kit.

p120, Dairine to Roshaun.

p301 Sker'ret to Nita.

p379 Dairine thinking.

Bluesalamanders suggests this is Chao.
    p519 "You didn't think I kept turning up before just to see you and Nita, did you?"

p390 Dairine to Ronan.

p211 Ponch to Kit.
    (3) "You mean we should tell her that being hot on Ronan is actually being hot on both a cranky Celto-Goth hunk and a senior Power-that-Is who spent most of the last ten years living on Earth while wearing a macaw costume?"
    p265 Kit to Nita.
    (2) "I have here a new bar of Valrhona Caraïbe single-estate Grand Cru."
    p314 Carmela to the Tawalf.

And the Number One favorite line from the entire book:
    (1) "Oops."

p462 Carmela to what's left of the King.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

lol, it's so weird to see these quotes again... And the majority of them we were SO off on... ehehehhe
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

My personal favorite is:

"Just look at you! You and the Toothpick of Virtue."
      ~ The Lone Power, to Ronan and the One, about the Spear, pg. 471
      ~Philosopherkat

Comment

hehe, I like Carmela's chocolate one... I even used it as my MSN screen name and I had completely forgotten that it was one of DD's "hints" lol
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

I loved the Star Trek based lines. THose were fun. "It's math, Kit, but not as we know it."

Comment

I cracked up when I read #8 in the book. Also the "Toothpick of Virtue" one. Oh, the lines, the lines!

And then, of course, there's: "Who told you about Louise??"
            *Ella*
            "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
            There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
            And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
            What could mean more than this?"
            --Bright Eyes

Comment

Some people always say how hard they cried while reading books, an apparently to some this one is no exception. To me though, I LAUGHED like almost the entire time, except for a few parts that were so suspenseful/confusing for a bit that I must have had a REALLY weird look on my face...I swear my roommate must have thought I was going insane or something.

Ah yes, that "Loise" part...THAT had me rolling around for awhile
              ~Rachel

Comment

"Louise"...heh heh heh...

1,3, and 5 were by far the best. I was rolling by the time I read those..those and 'the toothpick of virtue'...if there's ever a way to cut suspense...
                just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Five is the best line. No questions asked. Sorry, should explain myself clearer: it's funny, but for another reason. It PERFECTLY describes me. (You really don't want to know why it describes me. Really.)

I also liked number 8, because I love Sker'ret. He always seems to have the right thing to say at the right time, and it's also usually the funny thing.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

One of my favorites was (ParapHrase) "Sun King: THe King enobles what he eats Nita: Well Im gonna enoble some waffles" Then the oops was so funny, I grinned so wide I think I cracked my lips * Grabs chapstick*.I also love the whole Carmela with the Egg beater gun thing. I was thinking ' Yea! Shes got the Egg beater out again!'
                    ~Azen
                    In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Yes! The waffles! I'd forgotten about that...I laughed out loud there (I refuse to use the shorthand "LOL"). And that brings us to the cavities thing...

I was rather disappointed when it turned out the "more than good friends" line was Sker'ret...though I should have known DD wouldn't hit us with a UBER-SHIPPY quote like that if it pertained to either of the "main" couples (in my mind, D/R or N/K)...

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

I laughed all through the book (except for at the end, when I cried)! I love the "oops" line and the "toothpick of virtue." I didn't, however, like Sker'ret's lines about becoming "more than just good friends." They were funny enough, I guess, but they seemed a little out of place to me. *giggles* The Toothpick of virtue!
                        -Kris

Comment

Ronan's rant about Dairine's sheets. Love it. *snickers*

Comment

I still like 'Oops...' XD. THE LONE POWER SAID OOPS ... but not quite in the tone of voice that would make it so funny that I'll still be laughing next week.

Alla

Comment

My predictions...
                              10) Tom/Carl - wrong
                              9) Kit - wrong
                              8) Dairine to the Lone Power. Failing that, Nita to Kit. - wrong (loved this one)
                              7) Xould be anyone, but will say Roshuan - wrong
                              6) Lone Power to Nita or Dairine. - wrong
                              5) Dairine, talking about Nita - partly right
                              4) Ponch - right (yay!)
                              3) Kit to Nita, talking about Carmella - perfect (double yay!)
                              2) Carmella to Roshuan. - half right
                              1) Not Spot - right (sort of)

So two and three halves correct....
                              "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Working...
                              X