W@W Fanart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W@W Fanart

Okay, so if any of you have fan art you've drawn of anything in W@W, then post it here. I did a 'very simplistic' pencil drawing of Kit and Nita.

Nita is wearing a 'martian princess' costume, if you recall the conversation between Kit and Darryl on the moon about that. I'll post it here... as soon as I figure out how.

Edit: I hope this works, and please keep in mind that I have never taken an art class in my life. :S

[IMG] [/IMG]

Shweet. You could use some work on proportions, but nice nonetheless.

Here's a link to a Roshaun/Dairine W@W era drawing of mine. I'll post more once I scan stuff

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

O.O WOW Alida, that is SO COOL!

Uh, I have nothing to add...yet...I just thought I'd comment...
      ~Rachel

Comment

Thanks a ton, Rad!

Your local fanartists love to be appreciated

Comment

Ohh I like it Alida. Especially Roshaun's hair...

Thanks for being nice about my drawing skills. Proportions have always been a problem for me, I have a tendency to make the eyes bigger than they should be compared to the face and nose and everything.

Comment

Well...actually Lauren, I meant the proportions of the body(ies). I can't really give you any more advice than to test and research, but yeah...that's what I was talking about. It's easier to make your drawings "realistic" if you make the body proportions more convincing--the face doesn't really matter as much in the grand scheme of things.

And, as always, a huge thanks

Comment

oh you guys all those are good please draw more kit and nita! pleez!
              YEPPIT! THE EARTH IS DOOMED....THE DESTRUCTION OF MAKIND IS IMMINENT!....THEY WILL DESTROY THEMSELVES!
              AND...Call 911 if you read this message....

Comment

Okay, then, here's my Martian Princess drawing for you:

Nita And Kit

Hope you like! It's just a pencil drawing, not colored, but maybe I'll color it someday!

Comment

OMG-Alida-its...wow...thats all I can say. wow!!! It's beautiful!! I wish I could draw like that. The extent of my drawing skills is stick people. hahhahhahaha sry spazing out for a moment!!hehehehhehehehe!!! I will try to get on tomorrow if I can! See you then.
                  Dai stiho cousins
                  ~~~Ezra

Comment

Thanks bunches, Ezra. I'm glad you enjoy it

I have a friend who has taken her stick drawings to great heights and named them stick, tree, and stump. They are characters in her comic, and it's ab-fab. So, stick figures can be pretty darn neat.

Comment

It's much better than mine, which is good I was kind of hoping that someone would come along and do a better one.

I especially like the way you did Nita's hair and Kit's "Vote for Pedro" shirt. The boots! Nita's boots are the best! I can't draw shoes for the life of me...

Comment

Marvel did a comic based on the Edgar Rice Burroughs books which I assume that Kit is thinking of (and Darryl is teasing him about).

Here's a cover showing the main princess of the series.

Or there's a cover gallery of all the covers from that series, with various princesses.

They're wearing less than in the two fanarts - and note that Marvel's version of princesses in skimpy clothes is approved by the Comics Code Authority. There are quite a few non-Marvel drawings which use a lot less cloth and metal.
                        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Hehe PM. That's more what I thought of when they mentioned the Martian princess thing. But I like Lauren's and Alida's art too. They're both great pictures you guys.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

Yeah, PM, I'd heard of those (comics and novels), but never really seen them...and I had the idea that they were pretty skimpy, but I couldn't really see Nita in anything TOO ridiculous (even for a humorous drawing)...so I thought she might opt for something a bit more spandex space-agey. Or perhaps I am too influenced by anime, which seems to lean towards skin-tight rather than mostly-skin (at least in my experience).

Anyways, thanks to all, and Lauren, I'm highly flattered. Your drawing's great, you just have a couple things to work on As do I.

Comment

Dave Cockrum's cover illustration on that Marvel comic reminds me of one of the costumes worn by Princess Leia in Return of the Jedi. Apparently the set was so hot, Carrie Fisher found the costume quite comfortable (unlike many of the people in the alien costumes).
                              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                              X