wizards at war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wizards at war

Or what the 'war' mentioned in the title will be? *DD please post a spoiler here*

***ally***

"No...we named the monkey Jack"-pirates of the carribean
    "Not all who wander are lost"-JRR Tolkein
    and yes...I am slightly (hehe) crazy
    ***ally***
    Never try to eat a quesadilla while on the computer. Never. It is too gooey. I know this from experience.

There are other topics about this, and I'm surprised you haven't found them, but speculations are running about whether or not it is a real war or a thing between Nita and Kit. Happy posting!
    (Just in case it feels like I'm overstepping myself, I have been on the forums for nearly a year--I just don't post often and I recently had to re-register)
    Don't I sound stuck-up and callous? Forgive me, I am but an ill DD-a-holic. Try not to hate me?

...aLiDa...

"I assure you, I am cone sold stober." --Wizard Howl, from the novel 'Howl's moving Castle' by Diana Wynne Jones.

"Ah, duct tape. The stuff that holds the Universe together."

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Oh, thats ok. No, you dont sound stuck up and I wont hate you. For someone who's been here awhile: does DD ever post spoilers?

***ally***

"No...we named the monkey Jack"-pirates of the carribean
      "Not all who wander are lost"-JRR Tolkein
      ***ally***
      Never try to eat a quesadilla while on the computer. Never. It is too gooey. I know this from experience.

Comment

*Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

Well, she does clear things up periodically. She has in fact said straight out that the "war" will not be between Nita and Kit and that she does not plan for Wizards at War to be the last book in the YW series.

I'm not sure anybody's listening, however, considering on one thread Nathan directed people to where she'd said the series wasn't ending, and the very next post is going on about how a war sounds like a convenient place to end the series.

Comment

I'm not hated? Well, that's a releif. And we all should probably be happy that DD posts at all *sigh*. Most authors wouldn't even bother to say anything except in press releases. That's also why I think she's the coolest. She dosn't just say that she loves her fans. She really does! And she treats us like--uh, well, people. Which is especially cool for someone like her who is famous ect. ect.

...aLiDa...

"I assure you, I am cone sold stober." --Wizard Howl, from the novel 'Howl's moving Castle' by Diana Wynne Jones.

"Ah, duct tape. The stuff that holds the Universe together."

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Doesn't everyone wish DD would publish another Feline Wizard's book?

"they seem sad . . . like trees in November . . ." Fiver, Watership Down

Comment

Originally posted by The Riddler Sphinx:
                Doesn't everyone wish DD would publish another Feline Wizards book?
                There are certainly a goodly number of people who would concur with your sentiments, Riddler Sphinx (see, e.g., the thread 'After To visit the Queen' [sic] in the 'The "Feline Wizards" Novels' section of these forums). In fact, DD has already outlined the third book in the series (entitled The Big Meow) --I believe that this is (or at least was) mentioned by DD somewhere around here, but I can't seem to find it, so here are three of her USENET posts on the subject. However, as DD mentions, sales of the first two books were not brisk enough for Warner to want to buy the third one, and she doesn't feel like writing a book on spec these days, so The Big Meow remains unwritten, to the great dismay of many people.

Nathan

Pauca sed matura. --Karl Friedrich Gauss

Non doctrinam, sed perspicuitatem quaero.
                Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

Me, I think it has to do with the fact that there's many other wizards out there on other planets. Also, there's the fact that some wizards are overshadowed by the lone power. That bit in 'Wizards Holiday' about some being overshadowed might have been significant, in my opinion.

Comment

In my opinion I think that it's going to be a war between imortals and mortals and all wizards will have to stop them. Or it could just be two waring nations and Nita and Kit have to figure out a way how to stop it.

I Don't Know
                    *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                    *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                    *Many have come and go

Comment

My friends and I have discussed this before. It is our opinion that some non-wizards will discover wizards and think them to be EVIL! Just a stupid thought of ours.

The greatest pain a wizard can have is losing their partner.
                      ~Wizards, the 8th wonder of the world.

~The Last Cyber Unicorn, yeah that's me.

Comment

Maybe but I dout it but just because I don't really buy it but that make it so.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the sme: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                        *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                        *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                        *Many have come and go

Comment

Sometimes we just need something to talk about. You should hear some of our other conversations... Once we were discussing if we thought Middle-Earth was in another universe and Tolkien just found it and wrote about it. I think we're all a tad bit crazy.

Comment

I'm starting to think so but I know I'm crazy. Plus in the Simialarion He decribes the begining of middle earth so I dout it but as I said before it doesn't mean that its not true.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the sme: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                            *Many have come and go

Comment

*shrugs* We just like to talk about weird stuff. I think it shows we have almost no lives.

Comment

Working...
                              X