Did Nita predict [SPOILER]....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Nita predict [SPOILER]....?

OK, people, there WILL BE EXCERPT SPOILERS HERE!

Thank you, thank you very much.
    Anyhow, read this quote from Holiday, please...

The darkness, Nita thought, and shivered once as the image, which hadn't been clear this morning, suddenly presented itself. (...)

Space, with stars in it. Well, you would expect space to be dark. But slowly, slowly, some of the stars seemed to go faint, as if something filmy was getting between her and them, like a cloud, a creeping fog...

Slowly the dark fog had crept across Nita's field of vision. It swallowed the stars.
    Does this have anything to do with the entropy speed-up described in the excerpts? I know Nita's lucid and sometimes prophetic dreams have been discussed before, but I wanted to know if anyone had noticed this particular inclusion in the Druvah dream. I seem to remember a "darkness" mentioned by Tom and Carl...all life slowly dimming, extinguishing stars by distance, space becoming empty and black. So, thoughts?

The quotation is from page 13 of the American hardcover edition of Wizard's Holiday.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

I mentioned the exact same thing to everyone! It is linked I'm sure it is!! We all know Nita is a precog in a way and I'm sure that in a future book it will be one of the answers to solving one of there problems BUT I'm not sure what to think about this one! In the excepts we have read so far Nita has not make the link! Now she is keeping a dream diary in her manual do you think that it will red flag that entry so she can realize the link?
    Fox
    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Ooh, I bet so, Nita's dreams and Ponch's... strangeness might be linked to that....... Or at least I hope Ponch's strangeness is linked that cuz Ponch is bugging me...
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

M: I live in hope, as the priest said to the princess...

Fox: Yeah, I think I remember that too-- but I don't think you mentioned this particular point...just a relation between Nita's dreams and Ponch's weirdness or her...um, oracular abilities. I dunno.

I try not repeat things people have already said. Makes me feel dirty, or something. Esh.

Comment

AlidaArt your right I never did manage to link the two!! Well I will have to think about this one!! And Ponch is mentioned in one of Nita's dreams so far!! I'm sure she knew Ponch was there cause she heard him speak or bark!! But how are they Link????

Fox

Comment

hmmmm....

Here is a possibility-- now hear this: possibility.

Ponch and Nita may have to work in tandem (they both have weird powers) to fix this universe thing (just another call to save the universe, guys!). Say Nita knows that something is going to happen in a particular place. Ponch, being a Finder (I believe that was Ronan's quote, right?), can sniff out just what the source of said trouble may be. Slightly farfetched, but plausible to an extent

Comment

What if Ponch is the reformed Lone Power?? Think I just see someone else here mention it!! And we all know that the lone power and Nita have a thing going on!! I mean he singled her out enough times!!
              Fox

Comment

I don't think Ponch is the redeemed LP. Seems a bit too convenient. But I guess...

well, yeah, that could explain it.

Nita and the LP have a "thing" going on? Since when? I always thought he did that to get Kit going, so he'd be sloppy about his wizardry, or feel unappreciated or unused, or even break up the partnership.

But then again...

hmmm...

Comment

ah, see it made me think as well!! When I said about the LP and Ponch!!!! Would explain alot and in at least on book he's got to help! He/She/It is reformed!! When I said about the LP and Nita thing, what I ment was... It took an interest with her! It seemed that Nita was more of a chanllege for it and because its use to winning its interested in Nita cause SHE DON'T LOSE!! hahahaha
                  Fox

Comment

Nita also gave him the chance to redeem himself, during her Ordeal, as a completely inexperienced wizard. That's got to make her memorable to him.

And then she was present at his actual redemption.

Now I'm wondering what DD has planned for future books. Does non-sequential time allow the LP to meet himself? Could the reformed LP meet the unreformed LP, and actually help Nita and friends against himself? Would we all go mad trying to disentangle the pronouns? We'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Wasn't that sort of the gist in Holiday (or, not that the redeemed LP met the unredeemed version, but that the RLP exists [note nifty abbreviation])

I think this was the quote from the WAW excerpts:

...they sent us to Paradise, and then we found out the snake was still living in it. And if that wasn't weird enough, for once the snake was on our side, mostly!
                      Good question, Peter. I certainly don't have a guess, even though it seems possible in a twisted sort of way.

Fox-- I like your idea. It's interesting...

...and it's always interesting to see how others interpret the books. I mean, I always thought that a lot of the first six books were as much about the relationship/partnership between Nita and Kit as about battling/redeeming the LP. But I'm one for character-driven novels, so I tend to look into them rather than the storyline, usually.

Comment

Does non-sequential time allow the LP to meet himself?
                        SPOILER for Feline Wizards novels (highlight to read if I did this right):

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Yes, actually. In The Book of Night with Moon, it is revealed that in the cats' tale of Iau (the One) and her children fighting the Old Serpent, Sa'Rrahh is on both sides of the battle -- as the Old Serpent and also as one of the Bright Powers.

(She's listed in the glossary as being the "ambivalent" feline Power and "roughly equivalent" to the Lone One, but treated as precisely equivalent in all the actual plots, really -- "Fairest and Fallen" greeting and all. She's also the midwife for the Tenth Life, though, and I think she and the Defender get the title "Destroyer by Fire," though one may be in YW and the other in FW.)

So not only can the Lone Power meet the Redeemed Lone Power, it/they can fight.

Well... strictly speaking you could argue that rather than being Redeemed, the version fighting Itself as the serpent was Unfallen -- but there's reference to her eyes holding the memories of choices well and ill made, so I'm going with the other.</span>

Comment

Working...
                        X