Amazon Blurb -- possible spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Blurb -- possible spoiler

Do not read the blurb unless you want a potential spoiler. (And I can't remember whether DD would have written her own blurb this time or not -- if not, there's also the off chance of its being inaccurate, considering what happened to the one for Deep Wizardry. On the other hand, if she DID write it, I suppose she doesn't think it's a critical sort of spoiler. )

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">
    Nita and Kit come home from their "vacation" to find that all of Earth's higher-up wizards have vanished--and worse, they've disappeared at a time when very strange events are taking place in every corner of the planet. Soon enough Kit, Nita, and Nita's sister discover that their friends and fellow wizards are busy fighting a terrifying invader. The enemy is not a simple army, which would be easy enough to defeat, but a coalition of dark wizards bent on taking the planet for their master, the sinister Lone Power.
    </span>

Do not read the blurb unless you want a potential spoiler. (And I can't remember whether DD would have written her own blurb this time or not -- if not, there's also the off chance of its being inaccurate, considering what happened to the one for Deep Wizardry. On the other hand, if she DID write it, I suppose she doesn't think it's a critical sort of spoiler. )

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">
    Nita and Kit come home from their "vacation" to find that all of Earth's higher-up wizards have vanished--and worse, they've disappeared at a time when very strange events are taking place in every corner of the planet. Soon enough Kit, Nita, and Nita's sister discover that their friends and fellow wizards are busy fighting a terrifying invader. The enemy is not a simple army, which would be easy enough to defeat, but a coalition of dark wizards bent on taking the planet for their master, the sinister Lone Power.
    </span>

Comment

...And what book is this for? Wizards at War, right, because none of that happened in any of the other books. Eh?
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Well, PK posted this in the Wizards at War topic, so that'd be a good guess. Gryphon is glaring at me in chat now, and wanting a glary smiley.

What happened to the blurb for Deep Wizardry then? I've got the Corgi edition of that, not the Harcourt one, which I assume is the one PK meant.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Oooh... *examines delightedly*

This kinda helps explain the old, old snippet from OoA that DD posted a while ago, which I remember looking at and thinking "Wow, that's really actual War, rather than the usual face-to-face with the LP scenario-" I believe it actually mentioned incoming enemy forces, or implied their existence. It'll be interesting to see how this connects with what we know from the excerpt- the new problem with entropy/expansion versus an actual threat manifest as an opposing force, which seems to be what is implied.

Is it bad that that's really exciting? Reminds me of AWAb.

As to the authenticity of the blurb/its origins... I dunno, but I don't think it looks like it comes from DD, mostly because of the confusion between the problems Dairine had at the end of Holiday, and the situation at the beginning of War as we see in the excerpt. Or anyway, I think that's what the blurb refers to when it says "all of earth's higher-up wizards have vanished...their friends and fellow wizards are are busy fighting a terrifying invader."

*bounces around looking thrilled*

excuse me, I'm just going to go re-read the excerpt....
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

That is great! Though I still have alot of unanswered questions and having to wait untill next year is upsetting but i can wait! I'm off to Amazon to see if I can see this quote!! I've not looked recently!! Might try and pre-order if it will let me
            Foxy

"So its war is it? Well let the best Wizard Win. And by that I mean us!"
            God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Well, PK posted this in the Wizards at War topic, so that'd be a good guess.
              Yes, yes it would. And it seems silly enough to label the cover blurb for the book that's not out yet a spoiler -- the others I really don't think I'd bother.

What happened to the blurb for Deep Wizardry then? I've got the Corgi edition of that, not the Harcourt one, which I assume is the one PK meant.
              Well, whichever one is on Amazon at the moment suggests that it's unclear whether the Lone Power or Ed is more dangerous.

I dunno, but I don't think it looks like it comes from DD, mostly because of the confusion between the problems Dairine had at the end of Holiday, and the situation at the beginning of War as we see in the excerpt. Or anyway, I think that's what the blurb refers to when it says "all of earth's higher-up wizards have vanished...their friends and fellow wizards are are busy fighting a terrifying invader."
              That's kind of what threw me. I keep thinking I remember DD saying something about how she got to write her own blurbs now, but as far as I can tell from the excerpts, the vanishing, or at least the unexplained vanishing, is over. And "vanishing" doesn't seem like a very good description of their losing their powers.

Comment

the blurb just adds to the antici....pation

vv
                PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

i was thinking about the LP the other day and i was wondering what all of the names for(him) where, does anyone know?
                  Dai stiho cousins
                  ~~~Ezra

Comment

Originally posted by PK:
                    _Do not_ read the blurb unless you want a potential spoiler...
                    PK -- first of all, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Secondly: This blurb is inaccurate in many regards, and I urge everybody to pay it very little mind. I've had a word with my editor and we'll shortly get it replaced by something more representative of what's really going on.

Thanks again!
                    -- DD

Comment

Working...
                    X