Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a little question.... (more books?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a little question.... (more books?)

Does anyone here knows if DD is gonna write anymore Young Wizards Series Books after this one?

"Desire is irrelevant, I am a machine.
    What is your mission!?
    To ensure the protection of John Connor and Kate Brewster.
    You're about to fail that mission!-
    Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Does anyone here knows if DD is gonna write anymore Young Wizards Series Books after this one?

"Desire is irrelevant, I am a machine.
    What is your mission!?
    To ensure the protection of John Connor and Kate Brewster.
    You're about to fail that mission!-
    Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
    Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

Comment

thanks Rysade

You are terminated.-Arnold Shwarzenegger Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
        Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

I think Wizards At War is gonna be a YW book. I mean it has the same kind of name as the other books. Maybe it'll be the last one. *please,no!* Anyone know?

Jen26
          "Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

Uh, no, we don't know. War is defiitely a YW book, and then DD is contracted to write another book, but it's not confirmed whether thatnwill be a YW book or not. Nor do we know about how final War is... but it does sound like the last book in a series, doesn't it?
            T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
            Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
            Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
            Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
            My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
            Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Wizards at War is probably going to be the last book, it has the right kind of title but the book that she's contracted might be a sequel to Stealing the Elf Kings Roses or to the Feline Wizards books. Ya never know.

*Agent~M*

I'm a walking talking dictionary, until you ask me about America.
              *Agent~M*
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
              "I could live

Comment

Hello everyone I'm new and have been a bit separated from the online world for a while. Diane Duane is at the end of the series? (...well, okay, maybe she is contracted for one more book besides Wizard's Holiday and Wizards at War) But I didn't know that she was planning to finish off the series! (At least not now anyway) Oh, well, I guess I have a bit of catching up to do. I didn't even know there was going to be a new book coming out in October, and then another one after that until I read this post. Okay, just posting to let everyone know that I am alive and in exsistance.

~Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, Sing like you know you're good, and Dance like nobody's watching~
                *Remember to always wear sunscreen*...(and it couldn't hurt to wear a hat either...)
                )

Comment

I've been thinking about this all a whole lot, and this is what I came up with: Wizards @ War is most probably the last or at least the 2nd last book in the YW series. Here's why:

1. In a series, the first few books have more unanswered questions in them. These questions are resolved in later books. This fact alone is enough to convince me that DD is winding down. She has allowed us to understand almost everything already. The last two books published, A Wizard Alone & A Wizard's Dilemma explained a whole lot about the Lone Power. Each book explains a bit more. There aren't so many questions to answer anymore - not enough to fill more than 2 books, anyway.

2. These books are sold for young teens; approx 11 - 16 year olds. In each book, Kit and Nita get older. My guess is that Kit and Nita won't get any older than their readers. And they are already how old in A Wizard Alone?

Does this make sense to anyone?

Jen26
                  "Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

Jeez! Where are you guys getting these ideas!? DD is not at the end of the series! There has been no official announcement other than the fact that there are going to be more books, and you think that this means the series is over!?

I'm starting to think I'm watching the beginning of one of those massive internet-rumors that you hear about on the news...

By the way, what does 'thatnwill' mean?
                    Originally posted by Birdhead:
                    ....but it's not confirmed whether thatnwill be a YW book or not...

Comment

The series better not be over. That's all I have to say. I hope the book she's contracted for is a Feline Wizards book, because Arhu only just met (or re-met?) his sister in the second one, so they have to get to know one another more.

If it's not a Feline Wizard's book, it better be a YW book.

Originally posted by Rysade:
                      By the way, what does 'thatnwill' mean?
                      I think it's a typo. Where did you hear it? Or, read it, rather?

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.
                      I will rejoice in the moonlight;
                      I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
                      For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

That's exactly why I want another Feline Wizards book, I want to hear more about Arhu's sister!! And Rysade, the series has to end somewhere. And if there are more books they better be about Nita and Kit, or at least Dariene, cuz I HATE it when authors make books that are based on the same thing, same setting and all that, but then they take away the characters that you get used to and make new ones, like their kids or something. And Lauren, WELCOME!!! Birdhead, another newbie pack!!! One thing Lauren, don't call me marniebrown1, it's Agent M. And also Lauren, the readers aren't just 11-16 year olds, there are plenty of people on this site that are adults and read the books. And I like your sig Lauren, cool! :Cool:

*Agent~M*

*Agent~M*
                        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                        "I could live

Comment

Comment

True. And I thought that Dillema was the last one in the series, it just seemed like a good ending to me. But I guess your right. But Wizards at War sounds more like an ending then I've ever heard of. But eventually if a series goes on for too long it gets repetitive, like my dad says the Tom Clancy books aren't as good any more because the main guy became the president and I so my dad thinks that after that then what's left? There's nothing that's really new anymore and I don't want that to happen with the YW series, even if it would mean it would go on and on.

*Agent~M*

*Agent~M*
                            "I could live

Comment

Jen26--I dunno, older folks read the books too, and the Feline Wizard books were sold in the regular sf/f sections. I don't see why she couldn't keep going. Besides, young teens do read books about adults as well.

Rysade--may I add Anne McCaffrey's Pern series to your list? I know she's not everyone's favorite, but she's kept her series going for many years now, with varied stories and people. True, her writing's gotten a little spotty, but she's in her eighties, I think--she's justified!

Most of Ms. Duane's Trek books aren't standalones, actually; she's linking all the Classic Trek books together with the Rihannsu series she's writing now. The NextGen ones, however, seem to be solitary.

-- Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.--

Comment

Working...
                              X