I'm confused...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm confused...

Hey everyone! I just finished reading Wizard's Holiday ( and loved it!) But I'm a little confused, what happened with the Alaadids (is that how you spell it) in the end.

Hey everyone! I just finished reading Wizard's Holiday ( and loved it!) But I'm a little confused, what happened with the Alaadids (is that how you spell it) in the end.

Comment

Well, <span class="ev_code_WHITE">The Alaadids all go...for lack of a better comparison, I'm likening it to Jesus ascending to heaven or mary being assumed. They're all gone. Poof! And then the crabs come up to take over the world. </span> And that's then end of WH in a nutshell. A demented nutshell.

vv
      PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
      Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

The whole story was about how their choice at the begining meant the race could not evolve, In the normal process of things they were due to evolve into a higher plane a long time ago and the crab things would then sort of take their place. At the end the choice was changed so that all at once the A's evolved and went into a higher plane in one go.
        Fox
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

what he said.

and said in an extremely eloquent manner. very nice. ::claps::

vv
          Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

The people made a choice forever ago, and the choice was to pretty much get rid of the lone power. That also got rid of evolution and change. You can't have evolution if there aren't any difficulties to overcome; the goal of evolution is to make the race better.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Thanks guys! I kinda get it now, but I don't see why they couldn't just stay the same. It wasn't like they were hurting anyone. Oh well w/e. Thanks again!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Caitlin:
                Well, <span class="ev_code_WHITE">The Alaadids all go...for lack of a better comparison, I'm likening it to Jesus ascending to heaven or mary being assumed. They're all gone. Poof! And then the crabs come up to take over the world. </span> And that's then end of WH in a nutshell. A demented nutshell.

vv </div>[quote]

Awesome! Thats funny, and almost exactly what I'd have said...

Hey Caitlin, can you get me your old avatar please? It was really cool, and I would like to use it....

Me

Comment

the A's weren't hurting anyone so why didn't they just stay?

well there choice was to stay the same and in that choice they froze their way of life forever - not wanting to see beyond that to their true being - yet it was still their choice to do so. however, in their choice the A's stopped themselves frome what was really/supposedly going to happen to then in the long run...evolution. if the A's in the beginning would have looked past the fear of change that was stopping them, they would have evolved to a higher being long ago and would have left the rightful beings/race (the crabs) on the planet to change into higher beings themselves.

just a thought...what if the crabs in their evolved state in the present were a race that would try and dominate the universe but the A's were there so long that they never had the chance?
                  "...I'm a tourist attraction." - The lone one

Comment

The Alaalids were hurting themselves, by not allowing themselves their destiny. The Lone Power had tricked them into doing that to themselves.

They were hurting the crabs, by not allowing them their destiny either.

I think this is a more likely thought - the crab beings have the potential to be a force for good once they evolve, and the Lone Power's trick was aimed not at the Alaalids, but at delaying that force for good.
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Are we possiblly hinting at the tiniest idea of the crabs playing a big parts in something? Hehe...

Me

Comment

Well, possibly in millions of years' time. I don't think it's something for Nita and Kit to be concerned with. However, the Lone Power, and the Powers That Be, will be around then (assuming Wizards At War works out Ok), and it's something for them to worry about.
                        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Yeah, the crabs will turn out to be more powerful then the Powers That Be.

New Series!

Comment

the crabs the guard the <STRIKE>gates</STRIKE> <STRIKE>shores</STRIKE> <STRIKE>sands</STRIKE>

um...

vv
                            Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hag:
                              the A's weren't hurting anyone so why didn't they just stay? </div>[quote]
                              It wasn't a matter of whether they were hurting anyone or not. It was their choice, I guess. Like they had all that pent up evolution potential and it all came out as soon as the change was made. I guess...

Part of what this shows is that the Lone Power isn't all bad. He had good intentions in the beginning, it just twisted a little. A lot. But aren't life's struggles what make the good good?

Oooh, killer crabs.

Question for DD: Well, if you won't tell us about Ponch, what're the crabs going to do in the future?
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                              X