This is really annoying!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is really annoying!

this really sucks! I cant get the book right now because it hasnt stinking reached the west coast of the US yet!!!!!!!! aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!! iamhoppingmad iamhoppingmad !!!!

I love YW series. Blah blah blah blah blah, I also think a;ldskjghas;dglhas;dfgkh. I am really crazy and stupid and funny and dumb and extremely smart. I hope I get to know everybody wish I was registered for this place since it was first here.

(Lee here. DD says, "I agree with the sentiment, but I wish it wasn't in the thread title...")

[This message was edited by Lee Enfield-Burke on 05 October 2003 at 2:34.]

this really sucks! I cant get the book right now because it hasnt stinking reached the west coast of the US yet!!!!!!!! aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!! iamhoppingmad iamhoppingmad !!!!

I love YW series. Blah blah blah blah blah, I also think a;ldskjghas;dglhas;dfgkh. I am really crazy and stupid and funny and dumb and extremely smart. I hope I get to know everybody wish I was registered for this place since it was first here.

(Lee here. DD says, "I agree with the sentiment, but I wish it wasn't in the thread title...")

[This message was edited by Lee Enfield-Burke on 05 October 2003 at 2:34.]

Comment

??? I got it Wednesday. And I'm in San Diego. It's definitely hit the West Coast. I guess virtue is its own reward: I shopped at a small, independent bookseller, not a chain.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I don't have it yet either. It's the same thing that happened last year: my birthday's on the seventh (THIRTEEN!!) which is a perfect gift opportunity. While this is good because it means I don't have to pay for it, it also means I get it about a week after everyone else on here.

*Ella*

"'I wish none of this had happened.'
        'So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'"
        -The Fellowship of the Ring
        *Ella*
        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
        What could mean more than this?"
        --Bright Eyes

Comment

Well that's only in... 3 days. Not many people here have it yet.... I do and I finished it but my bookstores normally on time.

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
          "To youth and freedom!" A popular pirates toast.
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

Oh, cheer up Ella, I wo't get it for some tiem still. On a happier note, THE LIBRARY FINALLY GOT STEALING THE ELFKING'S ROSES AND THE...SWORD AND THE DRAGON, I think the title. is. And I reserved them. *squeeeeeeee*
            I'm Excited.
            T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
            Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
            Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

... and THE...SWORD AND THE DRAGON, I think the title. is. And I reserved them. *squeeeeeeee*
              I'm Excited.
              Um. Just a passing note. You do know that the two books in The Sword and the Dragon are, er, adult in content?

-- DD
              -- DD

Comment

Comment

Uhm. You do know that the first hardcore fantasy scifi book I ever read was Storm Constantine's The Monstrous Regiment, I think it was? At the tender age of eight? (If any of you have read the book: what can I say. *rolls eyes* When you're eight, you just don't know how to judge books by covers.)

No, I didn't think you did. Thankyou for your concern, though. *heh* I think it, um, desensitized me somewhat because I've never had a problem with adult content in books- blood, guts, sex, or otherwise. Or all at once. (Ick.) Thusly, no, warnings about "adult" books don't have much of an effect on me, as I've yet to read anything like that which squicked me. If I do, though, I'll be sure to tell you...

Anyway, Dave, what do you mean "back then?" All of three years ago? And go to chat, there's a good boy...
                  T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                  Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                  Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I read adult content books. I read Daughter of Ireland!!! THATS an adult content book. I was hooked on druid priestesses and it was the only fictional book on them in my library.

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
                    *Agent~M*
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                    "I could live

Comment

For school, we were FORCED to read some incredibly disgusting adult content books. Secret Diary of Anne Bolyn *shudders*...It's just that none of us were expecting it on the 5th page!!!!!

And Sarum, what a truely terrible book. THE LONG TOED PEOPLE ARE STUPID!

A Jedi Ewok
                      And proud of it...

Loyal reader of Harry Potter and Young Wizards books and great lover of Moon Cakes...
                      A physics geek
                      And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

holiday hasn't got here yet. I have to wait till they get it at Borders. I'm gonna check at Castle Books though... What weren't you expecting on the 5th page?

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I'm not being followed...
                        You can tell THEM you're Homeward Bounder.
                        GO TO THE WAR TOPIC
                        "Wisemen talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something"
                        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

It's not fair, because I have it, but I can't read it. NO TIME! It's equaly as bad as not having it.

Any Long Islanders out there?

Comment

Oh, that stinks...well I finally have it now!! I started it...I'm in the 'On the Road' chapter now...fun!!

*Ella*

"'I wish none of this had happened.'
                            'So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'"
                            -The Fellowship of the Ring
                            *Ella*
                            "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                            There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                            And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                            What could mean more than this?"
                            --Bright Eyes

Comment

Ooh! That chapters good! All the chapters are good! I finished Wizards holiday last Thursday and started Stravaganza II (City of Stars, GOOD book) on Sunday. I finished today. I hate finishing books. Especially really good ones where you know the next book isn't going to come out for more than a YEAR. Grr.. Well at least I have another book to read... Bye Bye!

*Agent~M*

*Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

Working...
                              X