Call from Mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call from Mars

In the end of Wizards Holiday Kit and Nita got a call from Mars. It was on Nitas dads cell phone. What was that about and who was it? Who would be on mars and calling Kit and Nita? I'm confused so let me know what you think.
    "Life is pain, highnes. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
    ~The Princess Bride~

Remember, before Nita went to Alaalu, Tom did something to her father's cell phone, so that he could phone her and it would come through on her manual. That's probably how someone on Mars called on the cell phone instead of Nita's manual.

Who would be on Mars? *rummage* I'm sure that there's a Martian wizard named in the books, but I can't find his name . Resolved in chat - the name I'm thinking of was in the WAW excerpts: "Let's message Mamvish and see if she feels like getting the team together in the next few days." - but I'm assuming she's the Martian wizard, it doesn't actually say that.
    Another update: No, she's not a Martian. And she didn't make the phone call.

"That business on Mars," Kit said as he sat down across from her. "We need to get that taken care of before it gets out of hand." - Wizard's Holiday
    I suspect book 9, A Wizard Of Mars or whatever it turns out to be called, will finally resolve the Mars stuff.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I think I'm going to have to re-read the ending!! I don't remeber that! I remember her phoning her dad through the manual like PM said but not this!! makes me think what other stuff I missed out on!! My own fault really,
      Fox
      God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Yep, I bet it will too, Pops. Fox, go back and reread it!! That was cool when they a call from mars on her dads cell phone.
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        **Neets**
        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Ok OK I will get around to re-reading that Bit (not the whole thing!) 2morw!!! I'm a busy chap!! And gots loads to do!! hahahah though there is always time for a bit of reading!! Mind you the last time I said that I was reading for a week straight!! hahahaha
          Fox
          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

lol, your silly willy! I like that name! I thin I will use it more... well, just read it. It has to be one of the best!
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            **Neets**
            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

It could always be worse. There could always be the 30-minute "speed of light lag" that the Mars rovers have to deal with. Somehow, I doubt that cell phone is subject to that particular law of physics.
              -----
              Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
              "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

Probably tourist problems. Rhiow mentioned such a thing in "A Book of Night with Moon." Olypmus Mons is the biggest mountain in our solor system, you know. What alien species wouldn't want to go out of their way to climb it? ^_~

Comment

Biggest known, that is. Mars is tectonically dead and volcanoes don't move over hotspots like they do on Earth. I don't think it'd look as dramatic as Earth volcanoes do, with their jagged peaks, but certainly Hillary did have the right idea... "because it's there". I have no doubt that future astronauts will climb it, too, when we get there.
                  -----
                  "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

No, in YW canon it's the biggest. This entry in the Concordance says "according to background in TBONWM) the largest shield volcano on any known planet -- a fact which has apparently turned it into something of a tourist destination."
                    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Hey, I didn't say that it's not the biggest! I just explained why it's so big. Who knows what future explorations will uncover?

Astronomers have made amazing progress in finding other planets orbiting other stars. As yet, though, we can't see them up close -- we just know they're there, what their orbits are, and sometimes a little about what they're made of. That's it. It's a great time to be speculating about what's elsewhere in the universe.
                      -----

Comment

Working...
                      X