Dairine grounded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dairine grounded

At the beginning, we know that Tom had to ground Dairine to her solar system for a bit of time. When she discovered that she couldn't find any of the Earth seniors, she thought about the fact that she couldn't worldgate anywhere else because the gates would automatically know not to let he through. But she had just gone to Wellakh through Roshaun's pup tent. Why didn't Dairine think to use that as a way to go where she wanted to go? Completely subsidized and a way to get around her punishment.

Bob

Comment

She was restricted to only her own solar system. Wellakh's worldgates would not have any information on Dairine's restrictions as she was not allowed to go there anyway.

"was the bit of Wellakh that Dairine visited ACTUALLY Wellakh, or just a sort of simulation of it that Roshaun created for some reason? Why would he need two different worldgates to get back home? He already had the one on the basement wall outside the pup tent, right?"

Yes, he actually went back to Wellakh. Dairine went to visit him and during their arguing, some guards came in to protect Roshun. He had to assure them that DAirine was not a danger to him. As for the gates, the pup tent was not a gate in and of itself. It was just a storage place where, if you wanted to, you could put a bed and sleep in there. That is where Roshain, Sker"ret and Filif spent their nights.

The worldgate was allowed to be put into the back of the pup tent (or wherever else you wanted to put it) and programmed to come out wherever you wanted. From what I remember, the backs of the pup tents could be retro engineered to be used as a worldgate, but they never were.

Bob

Comment

Right, thanks for refreshing my memory. Tthe only thing is, I am pretty sure Roshaun set up his worldgate outside the pup tent and backwards engineered the pup tent as you alluded to, which would be why dairine called him out on having reverse engineered it. The gate in the tent was the 'back door' discussed earlier in the book. Perhaps due to the unusual/unexpected nature of that kind of gate, dairine got past her ban. However I would guess that any attempts by dairine to travel anywhere else would be blocked, as would her use of any 'official' worldgates on Wellakh. I'd guess the ban would be more than just programming Earth's worldgates to block her. Still, she could go to wellakh and then have roshaun take the gate whhherever she wwanted to go by moving the pup tent...
        Sorry for typos, I am using my phone.

Comment

I'm not so sure she could've used the world gates on Wellahk. There probably mechanical just like the ones at the Crossings. She would have to leave spot behind, but if Kit can leave his manual behind so can she.

Comment

Working...
          X