My monkey likes the KBA!
    "Lovely angry democrats"--My sister

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3210901.stm

Take a look, it's cool!

-Emilie
    My monkey likes the KBA!
    "Lovely angry democrats"--My sister

Comment

OMG. That's SCARY!!!! Wasn't CME in the book? That is REALLY creepy.... *shudders*

*Agent~M*
      "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
      "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

You know whats even creepier? I was studying solar storms when I was reading WH. I felt differently about solar storms after it...

" Duct tape, the stuff that holds the universe together."A Wizard Alone by Diane Duane
        - Serena

Comment

Creepy... Isn't that called a paradox or something?

*Agent~M*
          "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
          "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

i dunno. but w/ever it is....it's def. weird. yeah, they mentioned sunspots in WH but i don't know if CME was mentioned at all. Still...::shiver:: freaky.

"It was my turn to save you, that's all. Now I want a few weeks off..."

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.
            Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

Comment

*bounce* Well, still haven't read WH, so I have nothing to say on the topic of coincidence. But on the topic of CME: do you know what this means?
                It means *crosses fingers* aurora tonight... if we're lucky.... *hopes for lots of CME, so ling as it's not life threatening to anyone and only breaks non-essential cellphone satellites... *
                T

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                --Agent M
                Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Comment

No aurora that we can see here in Hawaii, but that's because last night we got the first rain in our area in... *counts on fingers* 4 months. Now Haleakala will get all green and fuzzy again, and I'll have to mow the yard...

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
                    "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Did you get any aurorae, Birdhead? I finally got to see one last night (Thursday) --I've managed to miss the other low-latitude aurorae during my life for one reason or another (not that there've been that many) and I've never been 'up North' during any significant geomagnetic activity (or 'down [far] South' at all). For Georgia, the aurora I saw was quite large and bright (and colourful! [both red and green]), though it pales in comparison with the aurorae that one gets in the far North/South.

I heartily concur with you on the subject of 'wishing for a profusion of [non-damaging] CMEs,' Birdhead. They're fun to watch on the SOHO images and the aurorae they can produce are quite beautiful to observe (for other, more northerly/southerly people, if not for me [I do get to look at the photos, though]).

I also haven't read WH yet, so I can't comment on any coincidences either.

Nathan

Ubi materia, ibi geometria. --Johannes Kepler

Non doctrinam, sed perspicuitatem quaero.
                      Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

I was thinking about that when i heard the news. No arouas in DC, though.
                        ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                        +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

*Sigh* No. We do tend to get them from time to time, but not then, apparently. Unfortunately. We might have had them on Thursday (your Wednesday) but, unfortunately, it was raining so I wouldn't know. Oh well. I'm sure it'll happen- eventually...
                          *grins* congrats on your first, though!

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                          --Agent M
                          Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                          X