Blog info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blog info

Since I get the impression that not all that many people visit Diane's (we)blog much, I thought I'd comment on something I just noticed recently. One of the features that I usually check out on "Out of Ambit" is the section called "What I've worked on today". The sub-title/explanation on this section says

'"Today" means in the last 24 hours: look for the checkmarks. Projects disappear from the list below when they leave my desk for the last time on their way to press/production. Publication dates / airing dates may come much later: check Amazon or Variety for more information. Projects with ** are collaborations with my writing (and everything else) partner, Peter Morwood. The list is alphabetical: don't infer anything about priority from list order. One other note: I'm not going to discuss deadlines, so don't ask. This, however, is the year when many things which have been hanging fire for a long time will get finished at last.'

So, why am I writing to comment on this section? Because Wizard's Holiday has now "disappear[ed] from the list below". That means that Diane has done her part, and now all we have to wait for is the publishing company to do theirs. Amazon is currently listing the release date as October 1, 2003. As of this posting, I make that 53 days....
    If only we could find a way to get that date the same kind of media attention as the day they released The Order of the Pheonix

P.S. I'm glad to see that today's [August 9] checkmark is on Rihannsu: The Empty Chair, because I like Diane's version of Romulan history better than the "Official" Star Trek one, but my vote still, as always, goes for more in the box for The Door Into Starlight. My bias is shown pretty clearly by the fact that one of my email addresses (on hotmail.com) is khavrinen@ (somewhat non-standard spam-avoidance, there). Although I don't consider myself very sword-like, my dismal romantic history certainly makes my 'heart' feel pretty 'harrowed' .

"Is the glass half full or empty, I ask her as I fill it; she said it doesn't really matter, pretty soon you're bound to spill it" Indigo Girls
    "Is the glass half full or empty, I ask her as I fill it; she said it doesn't really matter, pretty soon you're bound to spill it" Indigo Girls

Since I get the impression that not all that many people visit Diane's (we)blog much, I thought I'd comment on something I just noticed recently. One of the features that I usually check out on "Out of Ambit" is the section called "What I've worked on today". The sub-title/explanation on this section says

'"Today" means in the last 24 hours: look for the checkmarks. Projects disappear from the list below when they leave my desk for the last time on their way to press/production. Publication dates / airing dates may come much later: check Amazon or Variety for more information. Projects with ** are collaborations with my writing (and everything else) partner, Peter Morwood. The list is alphabetical: don't infer anything about priority from list order. One other note: I'm not going to discuss deadlines, so don't ask. This, however, is the year when many things which have been hanging fire for a long time will get finished at last.'

So, why am I writing to comment on this section? Because Wizard's Holiday has now "disappear[ed] from the list below". That means that Diane has done her part, and now all we have to wait for is the publishing company to do theirs. Amazon is currently listing the release date as October 1, 2003. As of this posting, I make that 53 days....
    If only we could find a way to get that date the same kind of media attention as the day they released The Order of the Pheonix

P.S. I'm glad to see that today's [August 9] checkmark is on Rihannsu: The Empty Chair, because I like Diane's version of Romulan history better than the "Official" Star Trek one, but my vote still, as always, goes for more in the box for The Door Into Starlight. My bias is shown pretty clearly by the fact that one of my email addresses (on hotmail.com) is khavrinen@ (somewhat non-standard spam-avoidance, there). Although I don't consider myself very sword-like, my dismal romantic history certainly makes my 'heart' feel pretty 'harrowed' .

Comment

www.amazon.co.ukwww.amazon.com
      God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Working...
      X