No announcement yet.

Now this one-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG this book was soooooo sad! It made me angry to see Nita and Kit fightin and going through so much unbeable heart torturing pain. But this still was a good book, but i thought that it needed a happier ending sort of! (Anyone else agree?) It left me felling sad a torn apart for days. I just don't know what else to say... Oh well thats just me and i usually don't feel that way about books!
    -me

Comment

I liked it a lot but it felt diffrent that the other books if you know what I mean.

Wooosh I be polydactial yo!
      *Wooosh I be polydactial yo!*

Comment

I loved and hated this book in equal measure. I finally got _Abroad_ and _Dilemma_ a couple days after Christmas (my sister gave me a WaldenBooks giftcard, which tells me she knows me a lot better than she lets on) and read them both within the week.

(Unfortunately, my school library got _Alone_ before Christmas vacation, and I read it then, so I had a vague idea of what was going to happen.)

I hated 'seeing' Nita's mom in a hospital bed, fighting cancer. I've liked Mrs. Callahan from book one, because she seems a lot like my mom. And my mom would react the same way if I told her I was a wizard (I'm not, but I can wish): stunned disbelief, then slow acception.

But the fight between Nita and Kit, while it may have ticked off some of you and upset others, made me like them that much more. When they're always getting along, I feel like I can't measure up. My best friend (We're both girls, which means nothing. Our relationship is similiar to N/K's, but without the life/death stuff and clinging to each other in mortal terror, oh and without the wizardry, and this is a long aside, I'll start the sentence over again.)

My best friend and I fight all the time, well, off and on. Our longest fight lasted a month - most of them last about an hour until we start talking again. We don't generally apologize, either of us, just move on from the fight. So when best friends in books are always "Oh, I'm so glad you're here, what would I ever do without you?" it annoys me.

Just my unique worldview...

AML,
        A Moonlighting X-Phile
        <If all good things must come to an end - than numbers are not our friend!>
        <WARNING: I cannot be help responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.>
        <'Men will fight bravely and be heroes, but for a last ditch defense against any odds, get a mother.' You should recognize that one!>
        And as I sit and talk to you, I see your face go white
        This shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light
        This spectre on my back shall soon be free
        The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
        --The Pogues--

Comment

I can't stand to see Kit and Nita fight it just makes me sad. The way they were fighting it looked like they would never be friends again. I read each one in one day. I don't mean that I read them all in the same day I mean that I read one in one day one in another ect. They were all soooooooooooo great I also read A Wizard Alone and it was awesome too!

:P*~*Jub Jub*~*:P

Comment

Jub_Jub_bookworm:
            how did you pick your username?

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them."
            -Walter Kerr

Comment

Originally posted by bassethoundbeagle:
              Jub_Jub_bookworm:
              how did you pick your username?
              Well, I'm not JJB, but if the answer is anything besides "Jabberwocky", I'll be really surprised.
              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

That would be logical, yes, but "Jub-jub" also sounds Ewokian.

-- Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.--

Comment

Comment

*sniffs* Why beware l'il ole me? I'm not that bad, am I?

Ahahahaha, ahahahaha, ahahahaha!
                    Yes, I am. BEWARE!
                    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                    Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                    Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                    Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                    My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

No of course not Birdhead.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
                      *Agent~M*
                      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                      "I could live

Comment

*glares suspiciously at Agent M* was that... sarcasm? What are you implying, oh Agent M??
                        *sneaks of muttering. And also thinking about Physics homework, which I really should be doing right now.*
                        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Oh believe me, it's sarcasm

OPENING SOON......THE COFFEE SHOP!!!

Comment

HA, AGAIN I CAUGHT YOU AGAIN!!!! You said of instead of off!!!! HA! And no I don't think that was sarcasm, I can't remember, if it was I'm sorry. Your not bad at all. *Throws the frying pan that she had been saving at Nancy Drew*

Live your life as if there's no tomorrow, for all you know there might not be.
                            *Agent~M*
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                            "I could live

Comment

Originally posted by marniebrown1:
                              HA, AGAIN I CAUGHT YOU AGAIN!!!! You said of instead of off!!!! HA! And no I don't think that was sarcasm, I can't remember, if it was I'm sorry. Your not bad at all. *Throws the frying pan that she had been saving at Nancy Drew*

Comment

I just finished Delima and I am touched because 3 of my middle school teachers ad cancer. Just this year my freshman biology teacher died of a brain tumor. I cant wait to start A Wizard Alone

-Dai Stiho
                                "But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who trus

Comment

Working...
                                X