A chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A chapter

Ok, I don't know if it should be in this topic but it is about the book.
    In the chapter Monday Morning and Afternoon, at the end of the chapter, I need your say on this one part. You now when Kit enters his sisters room and hears the music and sees the T.V on. I am going to quote this
    "The VCR was running, and on the TV, some kind of cartoon singing group-three slender young men with very long ponytails-seemed to be appering in concert, while serchlights and lasers swept and flashed around them"
    I think that I know who she is taking about and if it really is them I would be happy if I was right. But I wanted your guys say in this before I jump to conclusions. Thanks for you help.

Lissa
    "We pray for our sorrows to end,
    and hope that our hearts will blend.
    Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
    And who knows:
    starting a new journey may not be so hard
    or maybe it has already begun.
    There are many worlds,
    but they

Ok, I don't know if it should be in this topic but it is about the book.
    In the chapter Monday Morning and Afternoon, at the end of the chapter, I need your say on this one part. You now when Kit enters his sisters room and hears the music and sees the T.V on. I am going to quote this
    "The VCR was running, and on the TV, some kind of cartoon singing group-three slender young men with very long ponytails-seemed to be appering in concert, while serchlights and lasers swept and flashed around them"
    I think that I know who she is taking about and if it really is them I would be happy if I was right. But I wanted your guys say in this before I jump to conclusions. Thanks for you help.

Lissa
    And who knows:
    There are many worlds,
    but they

Comment

Would someone tell me who they think she was talkong about? I think I do but I want your guys say in it PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Lissa
      And who knows:
      There are many worlds,
      but they

Comment

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASR REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lissa
        And who knows:
        There are many worlds,
        but they

Comment

*raises eyebrows* You only gave it, like, an hour. This isn't instantaneous. Deal...

As to actual question (Note: Begging and pleading is not really conducive to responses) I have no idea, but presumably some sort of anime/"j-pop" (I think that's the term) band. If you're thinking along those lines and recognised the clip, you're probably right. You could try asking Aurora.
          T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
          Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
          Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Do you really expect people to be on in the middle of the night? It's just a fluke when I am.

"Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline
            "Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

*sings* In the middle of the night (in the middle of the night) I go walking down my street (walking down my street)...
              *glances around* What?! Hey, I sang Stormy Weather all Latin today, at least this actually had some connection to previous conversation...
              T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
              Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
              Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
              Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
              My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
              Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Sorry. No idea.

*Agent~M*

EVERYONE MUST READ CITY OF THE BEASTS!!!!! (I sound crazy but I don't care)
                "Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
                Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
                "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
                I lost my marbles, PLEASE HELP ME FIND THEM!!!!!!!
                *Agent~M*
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                "I could live

Comment

Wow - I decided to poke into this section of the board specifically to see if anyone happened to have been discussing that!

No guarantees I'm right on this, but I have an answer that fits, and for a couple other reasons, I'd be surprised if it's just coincidence.

I'd say that they are the "Three Lights" from the 5th season of Sailor Moon.

Aside from the fact that the description fits just right, I'll note two other reasons that it's fitting for them to make a "guest appearance" here:

- Plotline of the episode where I got the above picture (and possibly the only one to actually show them standing side by side in concert) is: A girl is in the hospital awaiting some unspecified surgery she might not survive, but the magic in these singers' music enters her mind during the operation and lets her pull through it. Hmm... :-)

- The villain these singers/superheros spend their lives fighting: The galactic enemy Chaos (entropy) whose goal is for all stars to burn out. Oh, here I have to note that High Wizardry came first by about 7 years, lest you worry who influenced whom, but... Chaos (in Sailor Moon) exists inside the body of a powerful wizard-like lady, who, just like Dairine, decided to save the world by absorbing and sealing Chaos inside her. When Chaos tainted and corrupted her from within, it was the Three Lights who travelled the galaxy to destroy it if they could.

So... enough circumstantial evidence for you? :-)

Ardub
                  r:w)

[This message was edited by Ardub on 06 October 2003 at 23:40.]
                  Ardub

Comment

I'd say that they are the "Three Lights" from the 5th season of Sailor Moon.
                    And you'd be right. Lee made these for me last year...

Thumbnail3LightsTshirtFront.jpg

Thumbnail3LightsTshirtBack.jpg

-- DD
                    Last edited by Lee Enfield-Burke; January 3, 2009, 07:41:09 PM.
                    -- DD

Comment

Thanks. I thought that I was right. I just didn't want to make a fool of myself if I was wrong. I LOVE THE THREE STARLIGHT!!!!! I love there song about there princess. "Serch (sp) for your love" I have Tons and Tons of pictures of them. Thanks A lot I'm in love with Seyia.

Lissa
                      And who knows:
                      There are many worlds,
                      but they

Comment

And you'd be right. Lee made these for me last year
                        Haha, very nice :-) Now if the book had described what Kit saw as a live concert, not an animated one, I'd still be trying to sort out the implications...

Ardub
                        Ardub

Comment

Anime??? i love anime, i can't believe i missed those three lights guys

i'm the queen of insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

btw, DD, those shirts are awesome!
                            "Doctors help you to live, the Arts give you a reason to live."

Comment

Back in the day, before this forum came to be (in the time of dinosaurs, etc., etc.) DD had a personal page at www.owlspringspartnership.com where she featured things she loved. From memory, about half the page (at least a quarter, anyway) was populated with Sailor Moon Winamp skins. I believe our host had the great privilege of watching Sailor Moon in German dub, and so didn't have to suffer through the awful, meaning-changing English dubbing most of us were subjected to.

Ah, Sailor Moon. Good times. When I was 13, my friends and I made our own wands and ran around in my friends garden pretending to be the Sailor Scouts. Unfortunately, NZ TV only played the first 80 episodes because so many Otaku complained about the quality of the dubbing. I still haven't seen any more than that. Although, I have read the manga.

Comment

Working...
                              X