Mrs. Callahan's choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Semiramis's post:

I would have never thought of a story like that to relate to this story. It really made me think.

First off I have to say Mrs. Callahan would have made a good wizard. I believed that it was mentioned in the post above. Funny how Nita gets her wizardry from her dad's side. Mrs. Callahan was tough. I mean someone with no magical power at all stood up to the lone power. Just to stop her daughter from doing something that in the end wouldn't make much of a difference anyway. Personally I don't know if I could have made the same choice she made. But trying to live would only mean that she was afraid of death and that's what the lone power wants. He wants us to fear death that thing that he made. And she refused. She refused to do that. That right there was real courage. What do the rest of you think on this matter?

[edited to change the huge quote to a link to Semiramis's post. --kli]
    Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
    Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

i totally agree. standing up to death and saying 'i am not afraid' takes and extrodinary amount of courage.
      "Dear Artificer, I've blown my quanta and gone to the Good Place!" -Fred
      "Bombs are good. I love bombs." -Iggy from Maximum Ride

Comment

anyways, despite the saddness, the logic WAS good in my oppinion...maybe their trying to stop death, but as long as it's here they have to play by the rules that it's created. when it's your time, you have to face that...you can struggle to STOP it from being your time in the first place...but nita's mom was right. an endless struggle against something so unstoppable, something so inexhorable as death....it would eventually consume you. this was VERY powerful for a book...it felt at times like being overloaded with emotions...i'm embarresed to say at one point i actually drove me to scream. (if only sinlently) just to get rid of it all....she made the right choice though. going against death in such a way, rather then simply accepting it as your time and marching forward to meet it, sets you on a path you won't neccesarily be able to get back from.
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
        X