Possibly a typo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly a typo

In the beginning (chapter 2) of TWD when Kit and S'reee are talking about the wizardry they're going to do in the ocean, I think there might've been a mistake when S'reee was talking to Kit. This is what she said:

"...it's a more elegant solution than what Nita was proposing."

When the whales say Kit and Nita's names, isn't it spelled differently? Nita's name is spelled (or pronounced) as a person would say it rather than a whale. Did anyone else see this? It's just something I noticed while reading, but forgot about until I saw someone's post and was reminded.
    ~--BQT--~

"Simple mind, simple pleasures..."

"I'm lost somewhere in the depths of my imagination. I've been here for about 15 years and still can't get out..."

True, the whales always used whale versions of human names in DW. When (PLEASE! ) DW is reprinted in hardback maybe DD will fix this.
    Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

*takes a break from physics*

Hmm.. I didn't notice it, but I'll go and check. Hmm I wonder what happened there. S'reee refers to Nita with the whales name the page before that. Hmmm...

Wizardling: um.. animated avies aren't allowed as they increase the bandwidth, which means more of DDs money. If you want DW in hardback keep an eye on ebay. I'm sure that I've seen it there before. Its not there at the moment. I just checked.

Alla

Comment

It could simply be the difference between speaking in "whale" (er, Cetacean?) or speaking in the Speech. Remember that in DW, for most of that dialog, Nita and Kit were actually in whale form.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by alla:
          *takes a break from physics*

Wizardling: um.. animated avies aren't allowed as they increase the bandwidth, which means more of DDs money. If you want DW in hardback keep an eye on ebay. I'm sure that I've seen it there before. Its not there at the moment. I just checked.

Alla
          That is incorrect.

From <http://www.youngwizards.net/YoungWiz...arGuide.html>:

"For the time being we allow animated icons, but if bandwidth costs start to run too high, permission for the animated ones will be withdrawn."

Comment

I think Wizardling's avie's reasonable, at 50k. All the LJ Icons that DD put up are also around that size.

I can't help being smug, though, about the fact that my avie's only 1k. But I'm weird.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by kli6:
              I think Wizardling's avie's reasonable, at 50k. All the LJ Icons that DD put up are also around that size.

I can't help being smug, though, about the fact that my avie's only 1k. But I'm weird.
              The minimalist approach. How post-modern of you

Comment

Wizardling:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">kli6:
                The minimalist approach. How post-modern of you </div>[quote]No, no. It's not being post-modern. It's being someone who grew up during the energy crisis of the '70s and being into conservation of resources. Plus, y'know, it being the bit-equivalent of limboing: "how low can you go?"

Comment

I'm very proud of you, kli6. What are your avatar's dimensions?
                  Real post-modernism: A white 1x1 avatar.
                  I'm crying cuz things aren't how
                  they used to be
                  she said,
                  "The battle's almost won
                  and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

woah.....

that got kinda way off subject....

AHHHHH!!! no Poot...don't take me awwwaaaaaaaaaayyyy
                    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Working...