Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ponch, etc. (and the Dark Place)

Just wondering..
    When Ponch takes Kit into the dark place, and the to the squirrel universe, even the manual can't reach him. Where did the dark place come from? Has it been there since forever, or is it new? And how is this going to affect the rest of the series? Is someone going to end up making another Timeheart, as Kit contemplated doing? What's going to happen!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

*Ella*
    *Ella*
    "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
    There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
    And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
    What could mean more than this?"
    --Bright Eyes

hmmm...hard questions...

1. 'Where did the dark place come from?'
    I'm guessing the dark place was another universe, like any of the others Ponch and Kit visited, but where it came from is diffcult quesrion to answer. Maybe another time and place? Maybe a whole different civilization that is somewhere we can't even imagine? Or maybe even a place so far away and protected that you can only get there the way Ponch and Kit did? Your guess is as good as mine.

2. 'Has it been there since forever, or is it new?'
    Forever is a strong word, but I'm guessing it's the closer of the two. I remember a conversation in Dilemma betweem Kit and Tom/Carl (I don't remember which - maybe both) after Ponch first took Kit to another universe. I think it was one of them (carl or Tom) who said that the universes were most likely there before, and Ponch just thought he was making a new one of his own. I don't have the book with me at the moment, but I'll check up on that later. Maybe (this is my new concept) Ponch got the 'scent' of other universes, like dogs tend to do with people or animals so they can track them down, and followed the scent until the universe appeared. I don't know. Again, your guess is as good as mine.

3.'And how is this going to affect the rest of the series? Is someone going to end up making another Timeheart, as Kit contemplated doing?'
    I think the another Timeheart idea is very unlikely for right now. That we know of, Kit and Ponch are the only two beings that know of this skill for now, and Kit already discarded that idea. Now maybe if another wizard knew of this skill, it could be different. I have a feeling *someone* may attempt to make another Timeheart in future books or the Lone Power might try to use Kit's skill in someway to acheive his eternal goal of entropy (don't ask me how).

I think we need other books to answer all of these questions [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]. I hope I've helped a little though.

*Em*
    "But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who tru

Comment

I don't think that the dark place was anywhere at all. It seemed to just be a blank templett for the creation of new universes. And since it is universes kit was creating, not just planets or galaxys, you could argue that the dark place was not of anything or anywhere or anytime. just a state of being where you could exist but "be" nowhere.

Comment

during all the times kit and ponch went to that dark place I always thought it was a new universe but that's just me

*Nita*

Comment

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/booknightmoon

Comment

Hmmm... I thought of the darkness as a sort of nothingness like Starlost said, but I also agree with Rysade. On the other hand though, it might have been the "space" in between the various universes. I guess we'll never know for sure. A similar thing occurs in "The Magician's Nephew" by C.S.Lewis. In that occurance the "Heros" accidently land in a universe that has yet to be created. It is pretty interesting.

-IV-
              -IV-
              Ipha
              Dai Stihò

Comment

I thought the blank universe was "potential". Just plain potential and nothing else. Out of it, anything could be made/formed.

Comment

Kia ora, fellow Kiwi!
                  I always thought that the black bit was space between universes, a sort of dividing line. however, I like the potential bit- a sort of not-yet-been-filled space, like an empty lot.
                  ka kite
                  Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                  Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                  Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                  *sob* back to school....*sob*
                  My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Comment

[img]www.youngwizards.net[/img]

Comment

Comment

SPace Cadet's location is New Zealand... New zealanders are kiwis... I'm a Kiwi.... I like to say hi, because I feel surrounded by evil Northern hemispherists, and, worse, evil Australians. (They just beat the Balck Caps. By a fluke. A fluke. And they kept me up all night because, every time someone took a wicket, my brother jumps out of bed, runs down to the lounge, and shouts "[insert Adams or parore or some other name here] Just took a wicket!!" So I didn't get a lot of sleep...)

OK, sorry, I was venting....
                          ka kite
                          Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                          Daily Blonde Moment:
                          So the other day, I show up at Physics half an hour late. ten minutes later: "What? isn't this Physics? What?" ...seriously....
                          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Comment

wait, I've always thought of the dark place ,Ponch took Kit to, was like the Playroom Nita went to to practice her wizardries in Wizard's Dilemma. I mean, in the Playroom, whatever setting you want to be there, ias there, such as New York City. In the dark place, whatever Kit or Ponch thought of appeared. See the similarities?

************************************************** *
                              Footsteps in the snow
                              suggest where you have been,
                              point where you are going:
                              but where they suddenly vanish,
                              never dismiss the possibility
                              of flight....
                              -Book of Night With Moon, xi, v.3

Comment

Working...
                              X