No announcement yet.

alien real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who are starting to get interested in the world ending, I created a topic in Chatter II titled "The world is changing... bad changes or good?" which is located at: http://youngwizards.net/eve/forums/a...4/m/9061029374

My effort to keep threads on topic.

Thanks!
    "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Well, it's believable that something could develop the ability to breath, say, methane, but I don't believe aliens could be formed, at the elementary level, much differently than we are. It still takes water and air and such.

Basically, life is anything that can recreate itself. At the most basic level, there is only one molecule known that can do that; DNA. Any developing life would have to be based on DNA or a very similar molecule. Maybe it could be silicon rather than carbon based, but there would have to be a lot of silicon lying around.
      /~*|=|*~\

Comment

Yes, William... for all we know there could be something that breathes methane!

I just thought of something....

Supposedly the universe is endless. But when you think about it it kind of can't be endless. Because there isn't an endless stone wall. All stone walls end somewhere. And if you did down in to the Earth, it's not endless dirt as far as you can dig. You have to get through the rocky mantle, through the core, and then out the other side. And doing this is impossible, anyway. We don't have the technology to dig down that far... at least not net. But anyway, back to the universe.... And even if there WAS some place where it ended, what would the end be like? Would it be a stone wall, with our planet Earth in the middle of the wall? And if there was a wall, what's on the other side? There is something on either side of every stone wall... which brings me to believe again that the universe has to be infinite. Thinking about this really makes me frustrated and my brain hurt.

But I won't even get in to what happens after we die.... *Remembers hour-long talk with a friend one sleep-over about what happens after death*
        "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

this is why we currently have the philosophy topic, i'm guessing...
          and they COULD be developed diffently, on an elemental level...chances are, they wouldn't be, but if they were formed from an entirely different process, to fit with entirely different conditions....but there's a much more likely chance that they would share at least SOME things with us, and maybe even have many physical traits in common with us...
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgg2t...eature=related and you will know how small a chance it is that there are no aliens anywhere
            There is always a price, but who pays it is optional.

Comment

Working...
            X