alien real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alien real?

do you think aliens are real because there are so many things that hint that they are. and there is so much space that we haven't even looked at. please post comment. i want to know what you think.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Well, as they said in Contact...if they didn't, it'd just be a great waste of space, now wouldn't it?
    ----
    "Mister Teatime had a truly brilliant mind, but it was brilliant like a fractured mirror, all marvelous facets and rainbows but, ultimately, also something that was broken." ~ Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

An ErrantryMMO...how cool would that b

Comment

Life forms from other planets statistically must exist because the universe is infinitely large. We don't know how far away, or what they'll be like, but they have to exist.
      Hy gododin cataan hue
      Hud a lledrith mal wyddan
      Guance ae bellawn wen cabri
      Varigal don Fincayra
      Dravia, dravia Fincayra

Comment

Righto. I know a lot of people who give me weird looks when I say I believe in aliens, but really, it makes sense, no? After all, in a universe so huge, it would be nearly impossible for us to be the only intelligent beings. Like maxx said, it would statistically impossible.

But the whole "aliens are taking over the world" thing...that's so...lame. If there are aliens who are as smart, if not smarter than we are, then they'll probably also have conciences. :P

-peri

Comment

And, nobody said that the aliens had to be carbon-based life-forms. They could come to our planet and start speaking to plants, or even rocks, if that is what their definition of life is. Look at what DD wrote in her books about that. She does a pretty good job imagining what aliens would really be like.
          Hy gododin cataan hue
          Hud a lledrith mal wyddan
          Guance ae bellawn wen cabri
          Varigal don Fincayra
          Dravia, dravia Fincayra

Comment

yeah. I think part of being the most accurate of what aliens could be is just being as impossible as you can about it. because we really have no idea. for all we know, they can change shape, dissolve in water like the wicked witch, or habitually die and be reborn. i mean, look at the native americans. it took us so long to understand them even enough to consider them as equal beings.
            "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

I say yes they do exist somewhere on some planet. They say that each star has it's own planets going around it.......So out of all of those stars in the sky there has to be some other life. We can't be the only ones.
              Dai Stiho cousens

Comment

I'm also in the Yes category with Nita1Callahan. But i think that as we progress as a speices and as humankind we will redefine what we define as life and find that maybe Carbon based life is not as prolific as other forms [silicon, engergy, etc]. I just hope that when we finally find each other its not war and that we kind of get along.
                Fox
                God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Thank you, Kathy, for unlocking this thread!

I do believe in aliens. If the universe is seemingly infinate, then there has to be at least one planet, somewhere out there... somewhere....

The fact that there needs to be water, air, etc. in my opinion isn't true. Just because it's what WE need to live, that certainly doesn't mean it's what all species need to live. For all WE know, there could be a species somewhere out there who needs... I don't know, DIRT to live off of! But, yeah, there must be another planet with life on it.
                  "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

I definitely believe that there is other life out there on other planets. There are so many worlds out there it would be very improbable that we are the only life in existence. And I agree with Eric; life doesn't have to be based on the stuff we're based on; maybe there's a species out there that breathes nitrogen or methane or something...as for meeting alien life, that probably won't happen for a while, and if we did meet alien life I can imagine that there might be trouble...we barely keep our own planetary relations peaceful, can you imagine inter-planetary? *shudders*
                    "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                    Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

The Firefox thing was 'cute'. Anyway I personally believe that there are aliens out there. My grandma who goes off of the bible feels that it doesn't mention any other life forms so they don't exist. I see it as god was powerful enough to make a big bang and create this planet so why couldn't he create another one. I do go to church and I'm very much aware of what Pastor's and Bible Study teachers my say. But as a Christian I do still have my own belief about how I interpret the bible and I believe that aliens do exist. But, from the way this world is going we'll all kill each other before we discover them whether they're deadly or not.
                      Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                      Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

it's a fairly big universe for us to be the only ones...(and if you accept the idea of alternate dimensions it's bigger yet. :P ) so chances are, there ARE aliens. Of course, i'm not entirely sure why they'd bother to come HERE (unless they're after chocolate) and as for anyone who thinks they were abducted...I seriously don't see why anyone who's mastered the art of space travel to the extent that they can come here would feel the need to come to another planet just to disect a random person...but still. Chances are there's some form of life other then us out there. (And TONS of things aren't mentioned in the bible! I'm fairly sure giant squids aren't either...hasn't stopped them from existing yet.)
                        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Originally posted by spyells:
                          The Firefox thing was 'cute'. Anyway I personally believe that there are aliens out there. My grandma who goes off of the bible feels that it doesn't mention any other life forms so they don't exist.

But, from the way this world is going we'll all kill each other before we discover them whether they're deadly or not.
                          What FireFox thing? The link in my signature?

And the Bible does not tell us everything, as you say; just because something's not mentioned in it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And I also agree with you when you say that we'll probably all kill each other by the time we're able to communicate with/see aliens. It seems as though the entire world is getting worse and worse, more evil, more greedy... although, we ought to be thankful that there isn't a World War going on right now. The Iraq war is one thing, but a World War III would be the worst.... When you really think about it, the world is getting better in some ways, but worse in other ways. I think I'll create a seperate topic about that, as it doesn't involve aliens.
                          "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Yeah I meant the link in your signature. I thought it was cool. I think it would be awesome if you started another topic like that. There are some people who think that a World War III is inevitable. There is just too much hate and sin in this world.
                            Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                            Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

i HOPE there's no world war three! the entire universe would get destroyed! *goes get my giant copy of hitch hikers guide to the universe, and finds the page detailing how to get off the planet* if i remember correctly, it has something to do with having to escape a giant phone bill from all the calls you made trying to get off the planet...*grumbles about stupid books* it would be ironic if we finally got alien life to notice us...by turning our world into a giant flare in a war. NOT good!
                              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
                              X