No announcement yet.

Did you relate to Nita or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always identified with Nita, but uncomfortably, I identify less with her best traits than with her, shall we say, 'other' traits. I'm not as brave or as efficient as she is. But those times when she is dense and lags a step or two behind others, or when she puts her foot in her mouth yet again, that is when I identify most with her. Which is why I like Kit so much. I don't identify with him the same, but boy, would I like someone there to elbow me in the ribs and say "Hey, heads up," or "Hey, doofus, it's right in front of you," but not in a nasty way.

Come to think of it, I'm not so sure anymore how much I was like Nita BEFORE I read the books. Quite a bit, but as much as I am now? I read the first four at a very impressionable age, and I feel that, in part, I internalised Nita and became a little more like her than I would have been otherwise. Anyone else feel that way?

Comment

Funny, that happened to me with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It has made my tolerance for random so big, my best friend can't stand me anymore.
      About identifying: I always identified with Nita. Especially when she's feeling scared, and knowing she has to go through with things anyway- been there, done that several times.
      I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
      -- Charles Shulz

Comment

Working...
      X