Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone else see the 20th Anniversary edition of SYWTBAW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone else see the 20th Anniversary edition of SYWTBAW?

Did anyone else see the 20th Anniversary edition of SYWTBAW? To me , it looks too much like the Series of Unfortunate Events types of books, not mush like the covers of some of Diane Duane's other books that currently have gotten "newer" covers.

http://www.youngwizards.net/YoungWiz...BeAWizard.html

Did anyone else see the 20th Anniversary edition of SYWTBAW? To me , it looks too much like the Series of Unfortunate Events types of books, not mush like the covers of some of Diane Duane's other books that currently have gotten "newer" covers.

http://www.youngwizards.net/YoungWiz...BeAWizard.html

Comment

I agree with you, and the cover doesn't seem to fit the story very well, but if it has "Uptown Local" in it I shall have to see about getting myself a copy.

-- Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.--

Comment

Hrm... I might have to get one of these as well. Does anyone know if it's the original text or the updated one?

Comment

I am GOING to get that.

Comment

-IV-
            Ipha
            Dai Stihò

Comment

The 20th Anniversary Edition of SYWTBAW is REALLY cool!!! There's an afterward about DD's inspiration about the characters and the book, and I'm really glad she wrote it, DD your my favorite author and the afterward not only explained your inspiration but you told a lot about yourself. And then there's a short story about Nita and Kit being bored, it's pretty good.

*Agent~M*

I'm a walking talking dictionary, until you ask me about America.
              *Agent~M*
              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
              "I could live

Comment

no but i am a new sourcerous can anyone help me

amy

amy zaporetsky

amy zaporetsky

Comment

Oh and I think I know Nita's hair color, Dark blonde. It's in the Afterward of the 20th Ed.

*Agent~M*

Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
                  "Do what the Knight tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
                  *Agent~M*
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                  "I could live

Comment

Comment

It's on Amazon, you can order it.

*Agent~M*

Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
                      "Do what the Knight tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
                      *Agent~M*
                      "I could live

Comment

*stamps foot* If you're back, why not come to the chat? *shakes head* I'm lonely...

T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Okay, for all of the people who couldn't find the book anywhere else, here is the link to the book on amazon.com . http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Comment

I own a copy of the 20th anniversary edition. I special ordered it at Waldenbooks where I work, so there's a good chance your local bookstore can do the same for you!

Comment

Bought a copy today off the shelf at Barnes & Noble... the afterward was great, and boy has it been a looong time since I've read "Uptown Local."

Squash

Comment

Working...
                              X