Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm confused about that "library book"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Free 2 be me: Not in the early Eighties, since there weren't that many computers around, and certainly not for small local libraries. Also, I've really never heard of a librarian making note of someone NOT checking out a book. If she was going to make note and if she had a computer, she would just have looked up Nita's barcode. In deed.

[So very happy to have me shift key back!!! Wanna know how I fixed it? I banged my keyboard a bunch of times against the desk and suddenly it worked! Ah, the magic of technology.]

Yours till the bed spreads,
    Rowen Avalon
    mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
    Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
    "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

well, i think that she simply never returned it, kuz she couldn't. (she NEEDS her wizard manual) but i think the librarian trusted her or sumtin to keep the book. but i think DD should have mentioned that sumwhere in the first book so her readers wouldnt be baffled!!!

Comment

Wasn't there some point in one of the books where the librarian said she could keep the book? If so, we must turn our minds to the question: is the librarian a wizard who understood Nita's need for the manual? Maybe I'm wrong, but will someone check for me?

Goodwill to all,
        Perry, an avid(and that hardly covers it)fantasy reader

Comment

Maybe she told the librarian that she lost it and then she just paid for it. But maybe that would be too simple.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

I think the manual being magical in itself, wasn't really real for the librarian and faded out of her memory quickly.

Comment

Comment

I always thought that, despite the number on the spine of the book, it wasn't *actually* a library book, so wouldn't be in the register. So no-one would notice it missing. As for barcodes and tickets... I used to have paper tickets for the library and I hadn't started getting books out of the library until after 1983. Big box on the librarian's desk with all the tickets in date order. Great fun when your ticket got stuck in the wrong slate. The poor librarian used to have to search through at least three weeks worth of tickets. Don't remember having those metal detector things either.

I can understand how a librarian would forget about a book quite easily particularly given to a responsible girl like Nita.

Sharon

Comment

Hey that's a really good thought!!
                  perryTon the Odd
                  and if you think I'm weird, you should hear what my Nepturnian friends think about me!!

Comment

**Deja Moo**
                    Dia :evillaugh:
                    Dai Stihó

Comment

Working...
                    X