Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm confused about that "library book"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm confused about that "library book"...

HI, am I the only one a bit baffled as to how NIta gets away with never returning her library book, the Manual? Because she didn't have her ticket, I can only assume the wizardry is working to make the librarian forget she took it with her... Or did Nita go back with her ticket and is she constantly renewing it??

Hannah xx

http://timeheart.fateback.com

'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'
    'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'

HI, am I the only one a bit baffled as to how NIta gets away with never returning her library book, the Manual? Because she didn't have her ticket, I can only assume the wizardry is working to make the librarian forget she took it with her... Or did Nita go back with her ticket and is she constantly renewing it??

Hannah xx

http://timeheart.fateback.com

Comment

Check out the subject "Library book?" in the Nitpickery forum for other thoughts. I have always been confused by this as well. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

*Ella*
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

Its quite simple. She never actually checked out the book. Either the librarian just forgot or she used a memory erasing spell on her.
        ---
        seabiscuit1009: there is nothing wrong with getting snogged by Andrew

Comment

" Its quite simple. She never actually checked out the book. Either the librarian just forgot or she used a memory erasing spell on her. "

????

maybe...but she really didnt have that ability in the first book did she...and all the library's i know of have those stupid metal detector's at the front to make sure you dont steal the book...i think she's got a heck of a late fee...OR!

OH!
          OH!
          OH!
          Okay, i just thought of this as i was typing...maybe the wizards Manual was never really there...but than at the same time it was...it was just waiting for Nita or some young wizard potential to come along and get there finger grabbed.... ya'all get wut I'm saying?

Dai,

With great power comes great responsibility.

Donn MacGreine

Donn~~Celtic God of the Dead.

MacGreine~Tuatha de Danann God symbolizing the fire element.

Comment

That makes perfect sense. Except what about the librarian? Didn't she see the book, and like see Nita walk out of the library with it? (I haven't rread the books in a while. Correct me if I'm wrong)

Comment

Metal detectors? This was a small community library in 1983, remember... most shops didn't have them, let alone public libraries!

The librarian notices that Nita has a book, but as Nita doesn't have her card she trusts Nita to bring it back. As far as I remember it's never actually said anywhere how Nita gets away with never having to explain what happened to the book, and the easiest answer is that the librarian forgot about it. It's often said that most people don't notice wizardry even when it's right under their noses, and the manual is about as wizardly as you can get, so I think it would have ways of being forgotten about if it needed to.

Comment

grr....okay, there's always that 2.....dangit....okay....i have an idea

ITS A BOOK, LETS LEAVE IT AT THAT AND NOT TRY AND ADD LOGIC TO IT!!! ya....we can just enjoy wut we have....

dai Stiho,
                Go well cousins....

With great power comes great responsibility.

Donn MacGreine

Donn~~Celtic God of the Dead.

MacGreine~Tuatha de Danann God symbolizing the fire element.

Comment

If an artifact in a museum in Ireland can be borrowed by leaving an identical false copy in its place, then the same can be done with a book, I imagine!

(Yep, I'm leaving that vague; potential spoiler)

Post tenebras spero lucem - after dark I wish for light
                  (CC) This post has been closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired.
                  -----
                  Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
                  "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

I've always assumed that the book was never a library book, but was waiting for Nita to find it in the place she was most likely to look. It was never part of the library's catalog of books and so would not show up as missing for the librarian. As for the librarian, she could either be made to forget about the book. Or maybe she just thought Nita turned it in with her next batch of books.

Yours till the bed spreads,
                    Rowen Avalon
                    mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
                    Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
                    "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

okay,listen if you have read the the sixth book then you would know that she keeps renewing it...........long wait I have to see what page it's on.......okay it's in the fourth chapter the conversations on page.....96 in the first paragraph okay .

chase604@hotmail.com

Comment

The librarian could of been a wizard too, and know why it wasent returned. Just a thought.

Comment

Here's another theory -- It mentions in the book that the librarian is the weekend librarian. She says she knows Nita will come and check it out on Monday. So the weekday librarian doesn't know that Nita has the book and the weekend librarian assumes that she checked it out during the week.

Yours till the bed spreads,
                          Rowen Avalon
                          mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
                          Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
                          "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

There's always the possibility that she went back and purchased the manual. In my local public library, they let you buy the book if you lose it. Presumably at other times as well.

AML,
                            A Moonlighting X-Phile
                            <If all good things must come to an end - than numbers are not our friend!>
                            <WARNING: I cannot be help responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.>
                            <'Men will fight bravely and be heroes, but for a last ditch defense against any odds, get a mother.' You should recognize that one!>
                            And as I sit and talk to you, I see your face go white
                            This shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light
                            This spectre on my back shall soon be free
                            The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
                            --The Pogues--

Comment

To Rowan Avalon: Librarys keep that kind of information in computers.

Comment

Working...
                              X