Timeheart and Temporal Paradoxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeheart and Temporal Paradoxes

I think the aspect of So You Want to be a Wizard that most caught my imagination was the implied temporal paradox.

After reading the Oath, Nita talks with Fred in Timeheart, although neither her first meeting with him nor his death have happened yet.

More than anything else, this brought home the idea that Timeheart was truly timeless: the laws of causality didn't apply.

Thoughts, anyone?

Logic is a poor servant, but an excellent master.
    -- The Book of Forgotten Things
    Forget science fiction: other people are the ultimate aliens.
    -- The Vorlon Ambassador's Aide

I think the aspect of So You Want to be a Wizard that most caught my imagination was the implied temporal paradox.

After reading the Oath, Nita talks with Fred in Timeheart, although neither her first meeting with him nor his death have happened yet.

More than anything else, this brought home the idea that Timeheart was truly timeless: the laws of causality didn't apply.

Thoughts, anyone?

-- The Book of Forgotten Things
    -- The Vorlon Ambassador's Aide

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me I thought she was talking to a tree .It was way to confusing so I let it set and that makes it worse but, now I got it. Thanks a mill.

chase604@hotmail.com

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me, too. I never knew what it was that she was talking to! Wow, that does bring up interesteing possibilities. Timeheart might not necessarily be timeless; maybe it just doesn't use sequential time.

Comment

i thought it might be a prophesy of some sort, and if that's what it really was, then did kit have one? and the emoticon is there b/c i want to try it out
          tee hee hee

A message to the snow gods: remember 1996? 6 ft. of snow? i got off school for a week, so THINK BACK!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! I"M ROOTING FOR YA!!!!
          If one is a TRUE book lover, one cannot have a favorite book. It would be an insult to all the other books you have read and loved.
          http://www.avidgamers.com/WWOHP/
          PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
          Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Yes, I noticed this and it's my favorite thing about SYWTBAW, which is normally my least favorite. It's so full of time paradoxes! We have the Timeheart thing, and throwing the battery at the door, and the Lone One sending the perytons after them to get them into the world in the first place -- DD sure knows her time paradoxes. Must come of being a Star Trek writer.

Yours till the bed spreads,
            Rowen Avalon
            mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
            Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
            "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

yea thx i was wondering about that too, and now it seems so clear!!!

Comment

thank you again!!!

Comment

What do you mean??? Of course I knew she was talking to Fred. What are you talking about?

-IV-
                  -IV-
                  Ipha
                  Dai Stihò

Comment

I knew it was Fred she was talking too, but I admit the way time and related things works is quite confusing
                    I am me and I am unique.
                    Gods all bless,
                    Rhia

Proud Tamora Pierce obsessee

Comment

Working...
                    X