No announcement yet.

The "Go" date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good question. The New Millennium Editions sorted the timeline out. They're consistent among themselves, now, although not consistent with the original editions which never had inter-book chronological consistency to begin with. And I think everyone is mostly okay with the way chronology that ended up being adopted.

Comment

hmm, in the NME of Abroad it says: "Was it only two years, no, two and a half now, that she had found it in the local library?"
      and the book begins: "Mid-July - early August, 2009"

but the NME of SYW.. says "May, 2008" at its start.

so it still isn't quite lining up.
      Ardub
      r:w)

Comment

This doesn't necessarily have to do with the timeline but...

...it feels somehow appropriate to ask my question here. (Well, this doesn't really have to do with the timeline in the books. It-- never mind, I should just get on with it. XD)

Here goes: Does anyone have any idea on when the "hard" copies of the NME's will be out?

I remember reading somewhere that the print editions will be released the first quarter of 2014. (Which--obviously isn't happening...*) I would ask Her Highness but it doesn't seem quite right to bug her about release dates when GWP's coming along and, besides, I'm not exactly sure how to reach her. So: Am I paranoid/ [overly] eager /impatient/ [way too] demanding? Did my eyes decide to mess around with my obsession with YW? Is something going on with the publisher? ...Or did it come out and my bookstore is just slow? (And I know I can buy them as eBooks; I just don't have anything to read them with.)

Anyone who would drop an answer by will be... will--get?... You know what, I'll just thank you profoundly. XD

*Unless the NME's did get released and I somehow missed them...?
        Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate...
        Basic definitions of science: If it crawls, it's biology. If it smells, it's chemistry. If it doesn't work, it's physics.
        I write for the same reason I breathe; if I didn't I would die.

Comment

i don't know when they'll be out, but I know that you can talk to her on her Tumblr account, and she's usually very prompt in replying. And don't worry, i don't think she'd mind!
          All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

...Found it!

Okay, well, I dug a little deeper and rediscovered the "master" NME page on the Ebooks Direct website. (Which also is where I happened to see that the print/"hard" editions would be released in the first quarter of 2014...) Anyway: I skimmed through and saw that the dates got pushed back. ...So now the print/"hard" editions will be out the last quarter of 2014, not the first. {Tear} I'm just a tad worried that the work involved in getting these NME's out will interfere with the eagerly-awaited release of Games Wizards Play...

(For those interested: The "master" NME page is here, with the above dates: Young Wizards "New Millennium" Revised Editions – Ebooks Direct at DianeDuane.com)
            Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate...
            Basic definitions of science: If it crawls, it's biology. If it smells, it's chemistry. If it doesn't work, it's physics.
            I write for the same reason I breathe; if I didn't I would die.

Comment

Working...
            X