No announcement yet.

The big Meow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, what's the consensus on the best way to go about changing my TBM delivery address, just in case a dead tree version is imminent? Not only have I changed addresses three times since I paid, but I've also moved continents . . .

I can't remember if I had a login for the TBM website, and although I still have all the Whisperer emails archived, they're automated so there's no point replying, right?

Comment

I would say that PMing Lee is probably your best shot. She's pretty busy, though, and it may take her a while to respond.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

What's the latest? Can't find any concrete details, and while I have a Twitter account, I'm not comfortable at this time with making it public, so DMing or directing a message isn't the right way (unless I change things) to ask. As we know, the "upload within 30 days" didn't happen; the latest I have is Chapter 7; and now the project website isn't even properly configured and doesn't look like it's been touched in a long time.

CSI: Los Angeles needs to solve the case! (Though I wonder what CSI would have been like had it been set in 1946).
        -----
        Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
        "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

Dead Site

Originally posted by Buran View Post
          What's the latest? Can't find any concrete details, and while I have a Twitter account, I'm not comfortable at this time with making it public, so DMing or directing a message isn't the right way (unless I change things) to ask. As we know, the "upload within 30 days" didn't happen; the latest I have is Chapter 7; and now the project website isn't even properly configured and doesn't look like it's been touched in a long time.

CSI: Los Angeles needs to solve the case! (Though I wonder what CSI would have been like had it been set in 1946).
          I emailed the contact address on the site over 3 weeks ago and never received any reply or acknowledgement. If it were an ongoing project (or if the project were revived with a commitment to complete it) I would make the payment for the full package but with the site looking like it has been dead for years, I am unwilling to throw the money into a black hole.

Comment

I'm one of those who did pay for the whole thing. I of course know that the unexpected does happen, but I think those of us that paid should at least get an electronic version of a complete book (I'm a Kindle owner, for instance) or at least the option to have our own books made if we want; today it's quite possible to do print runs as small as a single book.

I was one of those whose public suggestions of "self publish!" got this project going in the first place. It's frustrating to not at least have any kind of updates in so long regarding what happened to it. Especially when we literally haven't got what we paid for yet. At least let us have some news!
            -----
            Jennifer (i am a soviet space shuttle)
            "He's a pinball wizard, there has to be a twist; a pinball wizard's got such a supple wrist..." -- Elton John, Pinball Wizard

Comment

*sigh* Same, same. I actually paid for it just before things started to get rocky (In fact, I don't think I ever got a proper password, DD just sent me a back door one to get to the subscriptions). I do sincerely hope that it does get written/printed some day (I don't have a kindle, so a printed version would be kinda important to me). Insofar as new writing projects are on the table it'd be nice if this one got wrapped up.
              ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
              +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

...and something seems to have happened to the TBM website, if the NewsBot messages are to be believed. I'd really like to see the story progress. There've been some wonderful bits in it thus far...
                -- Rick.

Comment

I am very disappointed that progress on this book has stopped. It really bothers me that I subscribed to this book and now it has been over two years since DD released a chapter. Is she going to finish it? If not she should refund the money.

Comment

In light of what DD posted about the book, I feel bad about my previous post. I can't wait to read "The Big Meow." I am sure will be worth the wait.

Comment

Working...
                    X