The big Meow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big Meow

Just wondering if I had missed any whisperings as the email DD had of mine was my work address which has changed.

So any news on the cats ?

Wait... You signed up in 2003, and you only have posted 6 times? Wow. Is that common here, or is it an oddity? Anyway, I don't think you missed much, though it depends on how long you've been gone... the "Feline Wizards" Novels Forums aren't exactly some of the more common forums in use.
    Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

Wolfy, some people don't post much but are hear to read posts. It makes some sense.

To answer your question Moggie, at least for nonsuscribers, the latest email has been the 11th of July. There's been other things (like the flu) happening a bunch it seems.
      We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Oh. OK. I thought that you didn't have to join to view the forums though. or maybe it's just that the only times i've been on have been when you can view the forums without logging in. Sorry for my confusion Tutt and Moggie. I didn't mean to offend or anything, it's just i'm used to people having more posts. So, i'm confused. Is Moggie still a newbie because he dosn't post much, or an oldbie because he's been here for a while? Sorry for being off topic.

Comment

Well, it's pretty much that a lot don't use the site much, and the rest are devoted users. It isn't really an oddity, its like anywhere- Some people are interested at the beginning and get bored, some sit back and only post here and there, and some are always on.
          Anyways, the only difference I can see is that there are more chapters online.

whoops-I'm late. I guess that happens when you open a tab, and leave it open for 7 hours, then post before checking to see if there are any new results.
          "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
          -Terry Pratchett
          Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

That happened to me before... in the TOGR. Any way, I guess that makes sense. I think I post a little to much, but I guess as time passes I might get a little bored with this and not post so much. But at least for now, i'm ahead of you in posts even though I started later than you. *grins*

Comment

The site used to only be viewable to members. Sometimes it would be left in Open House mode so that you didn't have to register to read the boards and I think it's been in that mode for a while, but back in 2003 that wasn't the case.

And some folks like to lurk. You also have to consider that the discussion around here tends to be relatively narrow and sometimes becomes personal socializing--some newbies may not feel they have a right to take part in personal discussions, if they don't know any of the people involved. There's also the fact that as a whole, our membership hasn't historically been noted for staying on topic, or even on-YW. If you look at the post counts for the different fora, you'll note that TOGR and Chatter II tend to get far more action than the YW-related-topics. Another reason some newbies come, lurk, and leave without posting.

And to get back on topic, no there's been no word on the cats--we're still at Chapter 6 and holding. DD sounded a little desperate when we bugged her about it in the last official chat--she assured us it's at the top of the list of things to be done, but life has pretty much gotten in her way a lot this year.
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

I keep an eye on www.the-big-meow.com but I'm afraid to ask how the book's going these days. The last couple of times Diane's put up a promise about when the next chapter would appear, something unpleasant has come along to get in the way...
                -- Rick.

Comment

*grins sheepishly* I've just gotten too busy in my life to get on much, but I've started reading The Big Meow, and I love it! I wish I had the money at this time to subscribe to it. And I think that someone needs to write the publishers and demand they reprint the first two, as I think they'd see sales go up! I want a copy of BONWM, and TVTQ, really badly! The copies at my local library see a lot of use, and are getting worn out (Mostly from me, hehe) but I want a complete set of books for this universe!
                  There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
                  "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

I want a copy of BONWM, and TVTQ
                    When a book's out-of-print or otherwise hard to find, there's always www.abebooks.com . It pays to check carefully exactly where you're ordering from, though. I find copies from Australia can take a while, and looking for a copy nearer home makes sense.
                    -- Rick.

Comment

Heh, I'm one more person who doesn't post much. I'm here to observe discussions and learn new things about the books, science, and just life in general.

I do have a question about The Big Meow, though. Is there any chance that TBM will be printed in a book at some point?
                      From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

Is there any chance that TBM will be printed in a book at some point?
                        Yes, that is the intention. There's a bit about how publication was intended to work over there --> http://www.the-big-meow.com/How-Publication-Will-Work

How much is still running to plan, however...
                        -- Rick.

Comment

Well, as to what Kathy was mentioning (kli6 to those who may be newer), at least the thing's still on the boards. I kinda hope, though, that I did eventually managed to make the mailing list (I subscribed right before a new-chapter rollover and I've been using one of DD's spare accesses since =P. It'd also be nice to make the honor rolls eventunally, though no rush, m'Lady *looks up and to the left*

There really has been a torrent of stuff crashing down on DD, but seeing as she's a very loyal author (what with giving us free run and a whole heck of a lot of leeway on her forums) seems like the least we can do is be patient/supportive as she tries to move through what's been on her plate...
                          ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
                          +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

Big Meow

Finally changed over to the new forum and wanted to put my 2 cents in.

Anyone know how I can double check the address I have on record for the eventual paper version of this? I am fairly sure I have moved at least once since the process started.

That's all from me here in (today) party cloudy California.
                            moof!

Comment

I'd say PM or email Lee about it--she can hopefully check for you.
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                              X