Why can't I find BONWM in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I find BONWM in the UK

Amazon UK keeps saying 'Limited Availabilty' and my local Waterstones [decent bookstore chain] doesn't seem to have heard of it.
    I could wait until I next go home for the hols and ask my local (independent) book-shop, but I owuld rather not wait.
    Any suggestions?

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

How odd. Well, I know it's possible to order from other Amazon sites, but the shipping would probably be nasty. Not sure if it IS possible to order from half.com from the UK.

...When I check Amazon UK, I find it available for purchase by download and three copies available from other sellers.

Comment

Yes, that';s what I got. But I want a real, new book, not an (expensive) second-hand or andon-screen version. Call me fussy, but I don't think I am being unreasonable.

Comment

Except that I'd say the evidence points to the book being out-of-print in the UK (while still in-print in the US). This isn't all that unusual, given that the book's five years old.

Unless you're willing to order from the US, I think secondhand's your only option until the UK publisher kicks out another printing. Independent vs. chain isn't gonna have much to do with it.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
        X