"MoonBook" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "MoonBook" Project

In the back of my "The Book Of Night With Moon",right after it explains Hauissh,it talks briefly about the "MoonBook Project"

<Exact Wording From Book>

The nonwizardly aspects of the New York Public Library's CATNYP online cataloguing system can be found on the World Wide Web at

http://catnyp.nypl.org/

Please do not query the librarions about the Online "MoonBook" Project,as all but a few of the staff have no knowledge it exists,and those staff who do know are required to deny its existence.

<End>

So what is the MoonBook Project? I looked around on the URL given,and I couldn't find anything about it.

Well, that would be because it's A. fictional and B. in the YW universe, not available to non-wizards, see? Read a little bit further back in the book where it explains that they're putting the uber-manual, The Gaze of Rhoua's Eye aka The Book of Night with Moon online.

Comment

I far as I can tell, if you remember in on of the Wizardary novels erm.... the first one Nita and Kit read from a book that described everything!! In the book 'the book of night with moon' the referance to the moonbook project would be the converstion of that information from a book to an internet bassed database!! The reason we can't get it on the real intenet PK has already said plus that book deatiled everything, everything in the whole known universe!! I think that would take DD about FOREVER to write!!! hahahhahahaha, nice trying to find it though, never crossed my mind to look!!
      Fox
      God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I'm tempted now to call or e-mail the NYPL reference desk and ask them to check their statistics on how many people actually have asked about the MoonBook project, and whether the librarians asked had read the book and knew what they were talking about...
        In other news, did you hear that Patience and Fortitude (a.k.a. the cat-god-statues Present and Past) are getting refurbished?

Comment

Talkingbeast are you telling me that the real statues are geting refurished!?!?! Oh how I wish I could go see them, they must look so so so magical!! No puns intended!! Its just that there are a few (hundred) thngs I would like to do before I go on the BIG adventure and to see thoses would be one of them!!
          Thanks for the info
          Fox

Comment

My fellow animal,
            It's true! There was a bit about it in an American Library Association magazine. Apparently, they have gotten a little damaged from being outdoors and in recent months the library has not wanted to risk dressing them in their usual Christmas wreaths, baseball caps, etc. I tried to find something on the NYPL library website to link to and unfortunately couldn't. But I did read there that it's the 100th year of the NY subway. A good time to be reprinting Uptown Local!

Comment

Talkingbeast, what is up town local? never heard of that one!! granted I manly read sci-fic and fantasy!! Anyway, any chance of a little review written by you?? And I think I saw mention that someone has started a up town local topic!!!
              Fox

Comment

I think the new Uptown Local topic already includes a summary-- check it out! It is a short story by Diane Duane featuring Nita and Kit (they get bored and visit Tom and Carl to ask for something to do). You can find it in the anniversay edition of SYWTBAW.

Comment

-is confused- So does that mean I wont be able to look at it?

Comment

XLaurenX Nice to meet you *Puts out hand to be shaken* You'll like it round here Anyway back to topic!!
                    I'm not totally sure if you can read it without buying the anniversay edition but I have not read it either so I might just go onto Amazon now to see if I can find one, I will post back what I find!!
                    Fox

Comment

-shakes hand- Okay, I shall wait =)

Comment

Working...
                      X