I finally finished The Big Meow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally finished The Big Meow

I actually finished reading this a couple of months ago, but I haven't been on this site in forever, so I'm only just now getting around to posting about it. I had started reading TBM several years ago when DD was still writing it, but I only had gotten through chapter 5 or 6. Then sometime this summer I found the link to the chapters online in my cleverly nested bookmarks folders. (Link here: Chapters online | Feline Wizards 3: The Big Meow) I didn't know that the chapters were still available online, and DD had updated the list to include the full book.

So, I re-read TBM from the beginning. I wish I could have started with book 1, but alas, I no longer own books 1 and 2. In any case, I loved TBM! Especially the ending. I won't give spoilers, but I'll just say that if DD never writes any more Feline Wizards books, I will be satisfied with the ending provided in TBM. It made me so happy that I squealed out loud, and I had to explain my outburst to my mom.

If you've read the first two FW books, you really should read The Big Meow! If you haven't read the other books, go find them immediately! I've seen them at used bookstores occasionally, but obviously you can find them various places online. For those who haven't read these books yet, I would describe them as "adult" reading. Not in the way of content per se, but in the way the books read. The YW books are definitely geared more toward young adult readers. If these books were in a library, the YW books would be in the YA section and the FW books would be in the normal adult section. But anyway, I highly recommend all of the FW books.
    ~Rachel

'Luck, Rad.

Do you, or does anyone know where one can actually get a hold of The Big Meow these days? I only found out about the book last year and would so like to read it, but the website's been in maintenance mode for a really, really long time.

Thanks for any pointers.
    Last edited by Arhu; September 30, 2016, 04:17:38 AM.

Comment

I recall reading it but it was probably at the big meow website, which, seems to be blank now:
      http://www.the-big-meow.com/ch1/ChapterOneGateway.php

Comment

Originally posted by Arhu View Post
        'Luck, Rad.

Do you, or does anyone know where one can actually get a hold of The Big Meow these days? I only found out about the book last year and would so like to read it, but the website's been in maintenance mode for a really, really long time.

Thanks for any pointers.
        Man, I can't find any, either. And I was one of the two people DD appointed to watchdog her on chapter delivery, who failed to get her to respond so spectacularly [facepalms]. Never accepting that assignment again.

I'd say try and contact DD directly. But given that she's removed it and the other feline wizards books from her and Peter Morwood's ebooksdirect store, I'd guess there's a possible publication contract in the offing.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy Li View Post
          given that she's removed it and the other feline wizards books from her and Peter Morwood's ebooksdirect store, I'd guess there's a possible publication contract in the offing.
          Thanks for the glimpse of hope. I did try to contact her twice, I think, but failed to get a life sign. That said, three times is the charm. Wish me luck.
          Last edited by Arhu; November 18, 2016, 10:46:29 AM.

Comment

Look here! I found something!

The Big Meow

Chapter One
            Chapter Two
            Chapter Three
            Chapter Four
            Chapter Five
            Chapter Six
            Chapter Seven
            Chapter Eight
            Chapter Nine
            Chapter Ten
            Chapter Eleven
            Chapter Twelve
            Chapter Thirteen

As far as I'm aware these are the chapters that were made available to the public. epub and PDF versions had been released for chapters 1-7, but not for 1-13 unfortunately. So all we can do is read online. The text is probably unedited and for a full, spiffy reading experience we'll still have to wait for a proper book or e-book release.
            Last edited by Arhu; November 22, 2016, 10:11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arhu View Post
              Thanks for the glimpse of hope. I did try to contact her twice, I think, but failed to get a life sign. That said, three times is the charm. Wish me luck.
              Huzzah! How did you find that? I've been looking for at least a linky to TBM since the website went down about 3 years ago. From your mouth to TPTB about the book contract, although what that means for those of us oldtimers who were in on the kickstarter for the original book, I don't know. Bookmarking it now.
              "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
              "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

YAY! Thanks for sharing, Arhu!

I may need to commission a couple of chapters of TVTQ and TBM for Mark Reads
                ~Rachel

Comment

@meteorite - I think it's because they're the .html versions, instead of .php? That's the part that stuck out most obviously to me.

And I also loved the book! Whenever DD comes out with that Omnibus version of all three, you can bet I'll be there for it!

(Received Book of Night With Moon for her birthday, and hasn't looked back since. Also, I think TBM was one of the first Young Wizards-verse pieces I ever read... O.o)

Comment

Originally posted by meteorite View Post
                    Huzzah! How did you find that? I've been looking for at least a linky to TBM since the website went down about 3 years ago.
                    I know, right? Me too! I dug really deep in the end. Still haven't read it I must admit -- my Cat Wizards mood usually strikes me around November, which is my birth month. I did make my own ebook version of the html chapters to read on my Kindle, but obviously I can't release it. I really wish there's be more info as to what will happen in regard to an official book release of any kind.

Comment

Guys, it looks like the ebook has been released recently! I found out through Corra @ goodreads. For purchase available here:

The Big Meow

I was so giddy that I accidentally ordered the Book of Night with Moon first, what with the new covers and all, but no matter. Finally!

Comment

Working...
                      X