"The Big Meow": Completion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ardub View Post
    But can I poke fun at the creeping Britishisms like the spellings of "storeys"? :-)
    What's a Britishism about it? What's the American version?
    Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
      What's a Britishism about it? What's the American version?
      My gut feeling was that Americans spell it as "stories" and Wikipedia agrees (and that can't possibly be wrong, right? :-)
      Ardub
      r:w)

Comment

Originally posted by Ardub View Post
        My gut feeling was that Americans spell it as "stories" and Wikipedia agrees (and that can't possibly be wrong, right? :-)
        As far as I've ever known, stories and storeys don't mean the same thing. Eh.

Comment

American Heritage Dictionary says:
          storey
          Chiefly British.
          Variant of story(2).

Basically, in American English, both senses of the word story are usually spelled the same, as are their plurals. Not a big deal, just a funny reminder of how long DD has lived abroad.
          Ardub
          r:w)

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy Li View Post
            All the chapters are up and publicly available, now.

Chapters online | Feline Wizards 3: The Big Meow
            Sadly, that doesn't mean I can read them I can't do black-on-white when reading online for long periods of time. I'd rather be able to download the whole thing in one (like by having new subscriber login details so I can get to do that... :/) and read it in Aldiko for Android, where I've customised my background and font colour to be easier, visually. I've just *tried* to read it online, and I can't do it anymore. Headache.

Comment

Have you tried sending a PM to Lee to see if she can nudge DD into sending you the subscriber info?
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Have you tried sending a PM to Lee to see if she can nudge DD into sending you the subscriber info?
                I haven't, but I can - or would it be quicker just to tweet DD, since we follow each other on Twitter? I've got hydrotherapy shortly, so I'll leave it to this afternoon, either way. Thanks

Comment

My guess is tweeting DD would be the fastest.
                  New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

My guess is tweeting DD would be the fastest.
                    Yep - she must've seen this, she tweeted me first. Thanks, though.

Comment

I'm not so good at keeping reading when something's only electronic, as it means I need to be in front of a computer, and the times I most like to read are when I'm not in front o a computer. Still, I finally got to the end of TBM, and I loved it. Now I'll have to go back and read the whole trilogy again.

Well, maybe I'll wait for the paper copy of TBM first...
                      -- Rick.

Comment

Working...
                      X