X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Big Meow": Completion

<div style="background-color:efefef;"> From DD:

Friends,

This is to let the world in general know that the final chapters of The Big Meow,read more

More...

I am so glad that the book will be finished. I hope things get better for DD soon. Sounds like a rough few years. Hopefully things will start looking up for her.

Comment

This makes me really want to buy an ebook of it. At the time of it beginning there was no way I could spare the money, now I still can't but I don't have to ask my parents for permission, and I want to contribute (and get an ebook ).

Either way I want to get the book and pay for it if there was that much of an issue getting it written.
      We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Has anyone who subscribed to "The Big Meow" yet seen anything beyond chapter 7? The announcement Newsbot quoted said that the new chapters would go public on 12th February, so I'd have expected to see them released to subscribers in advance, but I've seen nothing, and time's running short...
        -- Rick.

Comment

I had no idea DD was finished with The Big Meow until I stumbled across a thread about it by accident on BoingBoing. When it got stalled around chapter 5 or so, I used to look in frequently, then less and less often... It's been a while since I checked in on any of it; I got a new computer some time ago, and some of the bookmarks didn't transfer. Meanwhile, none of the notices that may have been generated ever ended up in my e-mail in box, or even in my junk mail.
          "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
          "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Originally posted by meteorite View Post
            Meanwhile, none of the notices that may have been generated ever ended up in my e-mail in box, or even in my junk mail.
            The last email about it to hit my mailbox was one with the date and time "Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:29:21" which announced that chapter 7 had gone "free range".

Until DD's blog post a couple of weeks ago I'd heard nothing else. It's that blog post that mentioned that the remaining chapters should be available soon, and that emails would be going out, but I've not seen any yet.
            -- Rick.

Comment

All chapters have gone live now for subscribers -- Diane has posted the release schedule for everyone else here, along with various other details.
              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Thanks. I put the contact form to good (?) use, and Lee got back to me with the latest access details (which did differ slightly but significantly from the ones I had) and I've now downloaded the six (six!) new chapters. I think I know what I'll be doing this evening.
                -- Rick.

Comment

Gotta warn you, there will be a few places you don't want to have a mouthful of liquid. :-)
                  "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Leopard View Post
                    Thanks. I put the contact form to good (?) use, and Lee got back to me with the latest access details (which did differ slightly but significantly from the ones I had) and I've now downloaded the six (six!) new chapters. I think I know what I'll be doing this evening.
                    I'm still waiting for new access details, though I did email Lee through the site. I always look forward to more on that one, though.
                    Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                      I'm still waiting for new access details, though I did email Lee through the site. I always look forward to more on that one, though.
                      The contact form I used (which was, I think, linked from one or other of DD's posts) even had a specific option for TBM subscriber stuff. I guess Lee might be getting a fair few such requests at the moment though.
                      -- Rick.

Comment

Is anyone else still waiting for the subscriber access details for the new chapters? I sent a request through the contact form a while ago but haven't received them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cadet View Post
                          Is anyone else still waiting for the subscriber access details for the new chapters? I sent a request through the contact form a while ago but haven't received them yet.
                          Sadly, yes.
                          Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

All the chapters are up and publicly available, now.

Chapters online | Feline Wizards 3: The Big Meow

I loved the part where Arhu said that Ith was "near the Chinese", simply because it made me instantly visualize the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum (link) on Hollywood Blvd., which is kitty-corner (ha!) from the Chinese, on the other side of Highland.
                            Last edited by Kathy Li; March 1, 2011, 08:23:35 PM.
                            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

And I appreciated when Urruah made the comment about "I'm excited about this plan" because I was thinking of the same thing, and was glad he was in on the joke :-) (Even more impressive since we got the setup 8 years ago, and now finally the punchline)

Of course, the story as always has much more going for it than the in-jokes, and I especially liked the telling of the legend mid-book, and also the way it was re-visited.

But can I poke fun at the creeping Britishisms like the spellings of "storeys"? :-)

And to respond to DD's apologies for the timing - Did you know that the statue in the Lincoln Memorial was completed long beyond its original schedule? Actually, neither do it, I'm just making it up as an example. Regardless, the Lincoln statue now exists, it's great, and no one looking at it today thinks, "Well it's nice, but I'd be able to appreciate it so much more now if only it were a little more... rushed!"
                              Last edited by Ardub; March 3, 2011, 03:34:24 AM.
                              Ardub
                              r:w)

Comment

Working...
                              X