No announcement yet.

A trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think maybe the lone power was bluffing because it wasnt expecting Nita and Kit to turn up and they did. it was really after Dairine but maybe it knew it wasn't going to be able to get her either?

Comment

The trap was that they were far away from their own people a. and b. in WA we learn that abdal's( or pillars) are what give wizards their magic... like power coduits. i think that they were well enough away that they were quite a bit weaker... and c. they had just teleported (i think) and were a GREAT deal weaker from that. plus they were still expieriencing their "let down" when they were weaker because they weren't as young.
      It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
      That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

Originally posted by Septimus View Post
        in WA we learn that abdal's( or pillars) are what give wizards their magic... like power coduits. i think that they were well enough away that they were quite a bit weaker...
        Actually, I didn't interpret it that way: abdals are conduits for the One's power to flow directly into the world. I think that wizardry is separate from that: it appeared to be quite unusual for the LP to get a chance to take out a wizard and an abdal at the same time. Hence, their distance from the nearest abdal wouldn't come into play.

Come to think of it, if the Motherboard was the only sentient being on the mobile's world before Dairine created the mobiles... does that mean the Motherboard is an abdal?
        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

It may be. But (if i remember correctly) they kept Darryl on earth in W@W because they didn't want the few wizards who were staying on earth to lose their power any faster than necsasary i think that abdal's like you said channel the one's power into the world, once again like power conduits, and that part of that power goes to wizards. after all they do use the one's power or "energy of the universe"
          It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
          That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

Working...
          X