A trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trap

I remeber something about nita and kit being drawn into a trap ..............................
    long wait had to get the book. okay it strats on page 301
    ["Fairest and fallen,"Nita said,"greeting and defiance."It was the olkest courtesy of wizards,and the most dangerous,that line:One might be intending to crpple or destroy that Power, but there was no need to be rude about it.
    "You two," said the Lone One.. "And a pet for company. Adorable...and well met. You are off your own ground and well away from help at last. It took me long enough to set this trap, but it was worth it."]
    Have you guys read this, is it in your book, what's you insit?

Princess_nita0
    Night owl,Up till Dawn
    "You must change yourself before you change your surrondings"
    "Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth cacthing?"
    "when light enters the room darkness cannot stay. The truth is the light."
    "If the truth is the light.. explore ways we can enlighten those in the dark."
    "If it is based on a lie it cannot survive"(By Yours truly

Insit? What are you asking here? I don't understand.

Inside every cynic there's an idealist desperately yearning to be let out, and when they are let out they're usually a real pain and cause all sorts of trouble. --Chris Boucher

Comment

Comment

I just re-read it- yeah, it's in my copy (that is, the copies that are owned by the libraries that i use... same diff..) But I don't quite underdstand the question. it seems to be pretty basic- he had thought that he'd set up this trap, this thing to get Dairine who has a whole BUNCH of power. However, he's starting to get sinking feeling, and so he's trying to make he best of a bad deal and bluff his way into getting kit and nita to think that they were his main goal, which will also draw the attention away from Dairine so they won't realise how important she is. What he doesn't realise, though, is that he only thought he set this trap- in reality, it was the Bright Powers who had "structured the future" with this particular outcome in mind.

Well, makes sense to me...
        Ka kite
        Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

opps i'm sorry my spelling is really crapy but, your right I didn't put it in a form of a question. I meant it's in my copy of the book but I'm not sure what to make of it why would he draw darine out there in space just to get rid of nita and by the way it's on page........................wait i said this in my first quote.

Princess_nita0
          Night owl,Up till Dawn

Comment

I'm confused now. I always thought that this was a trap for Nita and Kit; not Dairine.

Hillary Wan Kenobi
            The first-ever Jedi Ewok
            And proud of it...
            A physics geek
            And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

Well, what I got from it was that he was trying for something else, but decided to settle for them. as peach says
              "...since the bigger pize you hoped to trap has slipped through."
              But I dunno.... I could be wrong.
              ka kite
              Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
              Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
              Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
              Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
              My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Maybe he was trying to catch Nit, Kit and Dairine all at once i don't know....

Comment

The way I always interpreted that was this: he's bluffing. He's not using Dairine to get to Nita and Kit and kill them. He slipped up somehow; they shouldn't have been able to track Dairine this far. So in the interest of pride, he pretends...Get it?

*Ella*
                  "Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean I'm not being followed."
                  --Off the internet somewhere
                  "All that is gold does not glitter,
                  Not all those who wander are lost,
                  The old that is strong does not wither,
                  Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
                  From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
                  A light from the shadows shall spring,
                  Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
                  The crownless again shall be king."
                  -J.R.R. Tolkien
                  My fave poem from the whole LOTR (and there are certainly enough of them!).

*Ella*
                  "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                  There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                  And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                  What could mean more than this?"
                  --Bright Eyes

Comment

the whole thing was dairine's ordeal and nita and kit went to help her and get her back. dairine was supposed to be helping with the species that was on that planet, so it might not have been a trap. the lone one is in everyones ordeal so...

~ashlie

Comment

What if he was after Dari and then decided to kill two-no three birds with one stone.

Comment

Comment

God I have been gone to long. I left after after my last respone on here. Alot of things happen when your gone thats for sure.I havn't been here since like march and it's may now.

Princess_nita0
                          Night owl,Up till Dawn

Comment

The "bigger prize" might also be yet another species accepting entropy.

-Tabby
                            the princess with claws

Comment

I got a bit confused after reading that part of the book, but I basically understood it that Darine and the Mobiles were what he was really after, and, seeing he couldn't get them, he went after Nita and Kit. He just said that it was all to get them so that it wouldn't look like he failed.
                              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
                              X