No announcement yet.

new covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My copies of books one - four are the ones that were available in New Zealand and Australia (Corgi/Transworld versions). They had different covers to the American versions. I like 1 - 3 of the Corgi books, but book four was just a picture of a hill with a hole in it, no people at all.
    Anyway, those books are long out of print. I bought DW in 1995 at a school book fair (I can thank the large, leaping Ed for my introduction to this series. A large shark on the front of a book is just the sort of thing to catch my attention). For SYWTBAW, HW and AWAb I had to ask a book shop to order in from somewhere or other. From book 5 onwards, I had to order them all the way from America (They don't match, it's so horrid!)

Comment

Are we speaking of the new Digest covers? Because I personally think they are beautiful. The artist is brilliant; the Deep Wizardry cover is especially gorgeous. I also love the colors on the High Wizardry one, but am not quite as fond of the version of Abroad (thought that may just be predjudice because that is my least favorite of the series). The Wizard Alone one is also very well done.

So, add one vote to the "I COMPLETELY ADORE THE NEW COVERS" sect.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Is there somewhere or could someone make a page with all the images so those of us who don't know what the terms "scary one" or "normal one" or "old one" mean can compare them?

My copies of the first three books are what I would consider the "normal" covers, but I have no idea what anyone else would mean by that.

If there isn't such a page already, then, well, if someone wanted to help me find images of all the different covers, I wouldn't mind putting one up on my own website, but I don't know how many covers there are or what they all look like. Or where to find all the images.

Comment

There's a link somewhere on the main YW page to a "publication history" page; that should link to most of the cover images out there.

Hope that helps

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

You can find almost of the different covers the Young Wizards series has gone through at the site's Publication history for the books, with a little browsing. While you're at it, you might want to check out the International Editions available for the series.

The ones that people are talking about in this board are the covers of the current, in-print, edition of the series, which you can find starting here.

I think most people are complaining about the Digest Editions over the Harcourt. Personally, I think the artwork on the Harcourt Editions is better because it's more realistic. While the Digest Editions are nice in terms of art composition, the characters are drawn a bit more... cartoony, if that's a word. Also, the way the characters are drawn on the Harcourt editions is closer to how I imagine them.

Anyway, I hope the links help.
            ---------------------------
            "The law of entropy is just a complicated way of explaining why some things don't happen very often."
            -Norman Christ, Professor of Physics, Columbia University (Does the Lone One know this? :P)

Comment

The covers I was talking about are not the ones that when you go to the forum topics have little circles. If that helps and/pr makes sense

Comment

In my opinon I like the old covers better. They look more original. But thats just my opinon.
                Vampires are love.

Comment

Working...
                X