Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new covers

Is it just me

No!! You're right! But it's not nearly as bad as the second one, *shudders* It's not exactly the greates cover... I like the "normal" covers. The originals.... I think those look kinda creepy, the new ones, creepy, the "normal" ones, GOOD. I probably wouldn't have been able to buy the SYWTBAW if my mom had seen the original cover. *shudders* I can't imagine how my reading would be suffering if I hadn't bought it.... BIG chain reaction. I wouldn't even be on this site typing right now. Scary...

*Agent~M*
    "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
    "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

*loks at the books ppage is confused* I don't see any new covers anywhere, Where are they?

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
      "It's hard enough to be what you are, Harder to be what you're not; It's hard to know what you need to get, harder to know what you've got" -Hilary Duff, Metamorphisis, Workin' It Out
      ~Sam (Hifun55)~
      Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
      HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
      My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

If you go on amazon.com, sometimes they're still posted. I have all the original covers, and they are pretty freaky. There's all these monsters all over them and stuff. But I think they're pretty cool, too.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Curiosity mauled the cat and left it on the side of the road.

School is hell with flourescent lighting.
        I will rejoice in the moonlight;
        I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
        For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

Oh, those. My school has SYWTBAW. In the original cover. It is different. I sort of like that one better, except Kit is in the middle and Nita is kind of transparent. Wich kind of throws everything off, cause SYWTBAW is from Nita's point of view.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
          "It's hard enough to be what you are, Harder to be what you're not; It's hard to know what you need to get, harder to know what you've got" -Hilary Duff, Metamorphisis, Workin' It Out
          ~Sam (Hifun55)~
          Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
          HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
          My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

The new cover to Deep Wizardry scared me. I wasn't sure if... forget it. Go to Ms. Duane's blog page. YOu'll see what I mean there. www.outofambit.blogspot.com , I think it's one of the older entries, you may have to search awhile to find it.
            Sam: Yes, you're right, it does really through off everything. Perhaps that cover was made to make it more appealing to boys, because a boy is on the front in dead center. I'm Not sure. I'll ask at the chat...

I have a cat named Bob.

Comment

no, not the scary one, the one they have in the "kids" section, it's a different cover, and it's not scary, just makes dari look *shudders* demented

Comment

Really? She looks pretty cool to me. The mobiles... Now they're kinda creepy. They don't look like the book describes them at all!

--Dai Stihó

Bishie
                'Mancer
                Foam Poet
                "It was a bad line and a prank call, someone spouting insane babble; I couldn't make sense of it. But I had an overwhelmeing sense of deja vu, and the caller's voice sounded oddly familiar."

Comment

no, it's not that one, the one i'm talking about is at barnes and noble

Comment

i like the old ones way more i hope futre books continue to be released in that style kause i kinda have a thing for having all the books in 1 series being the same edition it just looks nicer on a bookshelf

-Something Wicked This Way Comes

Comment

also i think the new covers are...well...kinda strange i dont like the animated look

Comment

I have the old cover of SYWTBAW, and the, er, "normal" covers for the rest of them. I just saw the newer ones at B&N yesterday...the mobiles don't look anything like I imagined. I hate it when that happens.

Calliope, the Muse of Poetry and Song.
                        Rubber bands last longer when refridgerated.
                        Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
                        It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. Try it!
                        Metaphors be with you.

Comment

*Agent~M*
                          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                          "I could live

Comment

I agree They are UGLY..
                            "Before God we are all equally wise-and equally foolish."
                            "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
                            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
                            "If you are out to describe

Comment

Yes. I've seen the different covers. They're scary....

They look bloated to me.......

Or maybe I'm thinking of something else

Comment

Working...
                              X