No announcement yet.

What are BEMs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That may not be a good thing. Who is it again who hates Dairine??
    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
    Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
    Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
    My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I like the way the topic has shifted from BEM's to Dairine - maybe our collective sub-conconciouses (sp) ar trying to tell us something....

Anyway, I think Dairine is the sort of person you like, hate or both. Granted she is somewhat bratty, bordering or nerdy or swotty and loves to get her own way, but she *is* a nice person, and also has the cuteness factor. Most of us have a sneaky desire to be that smart, deep down.
      "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Oh yeah, Who wouldn't want to be that smart? But smart in a slightly more forgiving way, I guess... with dairine you get the feeling that her intelligence can be pretty judgemental, especially early in HW. Mind you, she's getting over that.
        Hey, I sound like I hate her... I don't, I like her, she's cool. And she wants to be a Jedi, so she's OK with me.
        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

I don't want to be a Jedi, but I like Dairene, she's bratty but cool.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

Comment

Lovely definition... heh.
              My friend's appreciation of Dairine: She likes Dairine becasue she's smart, funny, and fallible- basically, "I like what she represents." I agree. It's the human quality that appeals.. linked to intelligence.( my friend interjects. My friend likes interrupting- actually, that's untrue, she tells me. She likes to correct. OK?) SOrt of, anyway. Fortunately now she has the giggles so I have an opportunity to make snide comments behind her back. Oh, wait, excuse me, she doesn't "giggle." Suuuuure.
              I'd better end this here before this gets so convoluted no-one can follow it, and before laughter really takes over.
              T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Comment

Yes, in a way. Actualy, I was typing, and my best friend was looking over my shoulder and making smart remarks, which I put in because eventually it gets so ridiculous she cracks up, at which point I can laugh at her. She will sign up, eventually; tragically she has no e-mail addy, so I have to bully her into getting one fo those first. Until then you're doomed to the occasional very peculiar post.
                  T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Comment

Meandering's good. Actually, while you were AWOL, Agent M and myself had a rather long time discussion, scattered throughvarious posts, about the probabilities and comparative posting rates. I won. About the same time as I hit 1000, lateish last week, IIRC. I am the Champion.

And you're right, often we do drift slightly because we're done. You're right, there really isn't much we can say about BEMs, but you tend to post saying "uh, yeah, and while we're talking about that..." and there we go. Instant derailment. But meandering is good. Very good. As I have already said, but repetition is a good technique for persuasion.
                      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Working...
                      X