Found HW a little freaky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found HW a little freaky

i have liked all of the young wizard boks i have read ECCEPT high wizardry. i just couldnt get through it. i got to the scene at the big world gating facility and the luggage people freaked me out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] i couldnt pull myself to pick it up again. did anyone else have this problem or somthing like it? mabye in a few months ill try again.

Dai Stiho,
    Dan
    Dai Stiho,
    Dan

I had no problem with it at all. YOu should really try reading it again,Dan.

Dai stiho

Comment

Neither did I. What was so freaky? I'd like to know.
      Try it again.

EWizard11
      *Ella*
      "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
      There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
      And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
      What could mean more than this?"
      --Bright Eyes

Comment

I had trouble getting through it to the computer thing got me a little freaked out on account of I thought computers were for sending email's and that was it but then I took a computer study course at the college near my house and I actually understand part of the computer mumbo jumbo

*Nita*

Comment

Once you get used to living luggage you can enjoy the novels of Terry Pratchett, which take place in Discworld--Rincewind the Wizard has a sidekick, The Luggage, who is a scream--and Luggage is quite usual in the place he was made!

Originally posted by danman3322:
          i have liked all of the young wizard boks i have read ECCEPT high wizardry. i just couldnt get through it. i got to the scene at the big world gating facility and the luggage people freaked me out. i couldnt pull myself to pick it up again. did anyone else have this problem or somthing like it? mabye in a few months ill try again.

Dai Stiho,
          Dan
          Yes, try again.

healingline
          healingline

Comment

Dan said:
            did anyone else have this problem or somthing like it? mabye in a few months ill try again.
            Funny you should mention this, but it actually has happened to me, so don't feel too bad. I was attempting to read Stephen King's The Tommykn0ckers, and when all the characters' teeth started falling out, I thought I was going to throw up. I literally had to let go of the book, I got the willies so bad. And, no, I have never wanted to try reading it again, but in your case, you could just skip to the next page or chapter and keep reading. The book is worth it. And I don't think it's really a spoiler if I tell you that the luggage people aren't in the rest of the book, if it makes you feel better. Good luck
            !
            Squash

P.S. I had to type a zero instead of the "o," because the filter didn't like the part of the title that comes after Tommy!

Comment

Some books I just put down and never pick up again (*coughs*Terry Goodkind! Sword of Truth! *coughs*) but never HW... try it again. It's good!
              Squash... that's a very hyper filter, isn't it?
              Ka Kite
              Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
              Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
              Chocolate lover extraordinaire... mmmmyummmm
              IT'S SUMMER!! WOOHOO!
              My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I never put a book down. Even if it is completely terrible...and 1000 pages long...and who knows what else. Try High Wizardry again. It has a very good ending, but you can only know about that if you keep reading.

Perry, the half Plutonian and half Jupitarian and half Weirdo(yes, I have three halves!)

Comment

No, sorry, come to think of it i did put "Heidi" down...I lost patience...

Comment

Heidi? You put Heidi down? How sad for you! You've missed one of the sweetest books in existence. Mind you, I can see why some people wouldn't like it, but still... awww.
                    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                    Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                    Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen

Comment

Heidi, BLECH!!! One of the only books to go on my bad list. Which narrows down to only about 6.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
                      *Agent~M*
                      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                      "I could live

Comment

Oh well, I guess you have to be about 8 to read it properly.
                        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

The only book I remember right now of ever stop from reading it was Little Women.
                          It was just too SLOW! Nothing happened so I put it down and started reading Agatha Christie or something.

P.S.- I will try to read Little Women Again.

"Lone Power, I accept your gift!
                          But take my gift of equal worth:
                          I take Death with me, out of time,
                          and make of it a path, a birth!"
                          "Let the teeth come! As they tear me,
                          they tear your ancient hate for aye--
                          so rage, proud Power! Fail again,
                          and see my blood teach death to die!"
                          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Good.

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Me toooooo! I couldn't ever finish Little woman either! It was sooooo.......boring!

" It was one of those So you want to be a...books... a series on careers...
                              BUT This One Said
                              'So You Want To Be A Wizard...'"
                              - Serena

Comment

Working...
                              X