Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games Wizards Play publication date... 02/02/2016 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games Wizards Play publication date... 02/02/2016 !!!

Games Wizards Play Official Website I suspect the Lone Power has overshadowed Mrs Duane and is behind this lengthy delay. Entropy is increased in my heart! :-(
    Frog blast the vent core!

And so
    we all wait
    with baited breath.

Okay, maybe not for the whole time, but still.
    CELEBRATE! \o/ Defy the Lone Power.
    WE HAVE OUR DATE!

Comment

It's still a date, and is reasonably close even! It's a way's out, but its not unreasonably far out. And it'll get really exciting when we can put our pre-orders in.
      We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Aye, I'll be looking out for it when the time comes. Meanwhile, about the only reason I might consider an e-reader is that the revised editions of the earlier books aren't available (and don't look like they'll ever be available) in paper form...
        -- Rick.

Comment

I will be truthful here, when I first saw this date, I was ecstatic about it. I could not wait for 2nd of Feb. to come out. I mean, it's only like 4 months away right? I was even telling people at work that my favorite author was coming out with the next book in her series and that I would be taking some time off from work in order to spend the time reading it. It wasn't until a few days later that I realized the year was not 2015, but 2016. Massive face-palm there.

Anyway, even though it's further away then I originally thought, it's still not that far away, and I cannot wait for this book to come out. I already have a spot made for it on my bookshelves. I guess it's time to reread the series again. It's been some time since I have, and I would like to refresh myself on all that has happened; especially in the later books (Wizards at War, Wizards of Mars) since those two books I've only read once or twice each (in comparison to the rest of the series which I've read at least five or six times each).

GibbyGibson
          "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

EXCITEMENT.
            It's a ways off, but that gives me time to read the NME books.
            Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

-The Book of the Dead
            --sabriel

Comment

And, at the beginning of this month, I finally managed to get a copy. Forbidden Planet in London had a nice big stack of copies. I am reading it a little at a time. I'm not the world's fastest reader, and half an hour or so a day gives me time to savour the story. I am enjoying it.

In the meantime I did actually go and get myself a Kobo, almost entirely so that I could re-read the earlier books in the series in their revised versions. Of course, I've also been able to read some of the little interim stories, and a fair bit else, too.
              -- Rick.

Comment

ebooks

Savor away. I'm of the type who find it difficult to savor till the second read-through. Which means a second read-through is coming soon! Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the markreads.net posts...

(on a side note - I've been reading all the ebook versions on my phone via the kindle app, and I like the convenience. I've been considering a dedicated ebook reader, though. How do you like the Kobo? I was thinking a kindle, but want to consider other options, too)

Comment

The Kobo has its idiocyncracies. It struggled with the cover and contents of one of the YW books, and I had to skip to page 4 or 5 to start reading. Never did figure out exactly why, but it is presumably less forgiving of imperfect mark-up than other readers, and there was something somewhere in there that sent it into a spin. That said, it has worked pretty well for me on pretty much everything else I've used it for, and I like the large screen area it as.

Looking forward to the next Interrim Errantry eisodes...
                  -- Rick.

Comment

Working...
                  X