YW Book 10 Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YW Book 10 Area

In August of 2009, DD mentioned on Twitter (you can follow her at @dduane) that she had signed a contract with Houghton Mifflin Harcourt for the next YW novel.

No announcement has as yet been made as to the title of the new book or what it involves. That said, sooner or later the news will come out, and when it does, this section is where it will go.

Members who want to speculate about plot possibilities and events in book 10 can do that here.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Now we can worry about the details of the book, before AWoM even comes out!

I theorize that the book will be very quotable... And that's the most I can guess, with not having read AWoM yet.

Thanks, Lee!
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Oh yay!!! I read somewhere that DD had vague outlines for books 10, 11 and 12. So glad. My worst fear is that she will write an official last book. That would be AWFUL. I don't want the series to end... ever...
      I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building.
      -- Charles Shulz

Comment

I completely agree that would be horrible. I have no clue what is going to happen in book ten but i hope it is mysterious.
        "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

No matter what it'll be awesome, that's for sure.

Cinnamon Wind: I agree. I hope that the series just keeps going as long as DD can think of new plots. But the kinds of series where different authors try to imitate another to keep a series going drives me crazy.

I think, since AWOM seems to be more of a Nita and Kit book like the first two, book 10 will have more Dairine, and (if he is, like everyone thinks, not dead) Roshaun.
          "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

Ya if DD has to she can end it just so it doesn't get bad and dragged out for too long, but if she can keep coming up with new topics to write about then I hope DD keeps writing.
            "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Yeah but

What about Carmela since now she has the capablity to actually help out on nitas and kits missions like in wizards at war wouldn't u think that she also would have a important part in any of the future books at least I hope cuz she awesome

Comment

I hope DD keeps writing YW books for a long time, but I also feel that it would be better for the books to end then for them to keep going and be horrible!! (see the Warriors books for a good example of a series that has gone on too long)the books are still going strong though, so hopefully they'll last a while!!!
                All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

Warriors...ugh. No offense.

Now, I have no idea what is in AWoM, so I could be totally off on Book 10, but I hope to see more of the twychild and the Australian healer that have cameos in W@W. Maybe, also, Kit will get a new dog? I know that won't happen until he gets over his sadness about Ponch , but it would be so cool (now that dogs can be wizards) to see a canine spellweaver!

Comment

I think that it is more than likely that, since AWoM will be a Kit/Nita-centric book, book 10 will have a lot from Dairine's POV. Whether the mystery of Roshaun gets solved or not, though . . .

I also put forward the idea that, assuming this issue isn't dealt with in AWoM, we will get to see Helena and there will be some development on the whole 'my sister thinks I'm a devil-worshipper' plot line. I am very keen to meet Helena and see exactly how she acts around Kit (and around Carmella, too, now that she has become a dabbler).

Comment

Is it too early to revive this topic? :Whistling:

Hey, so considering we have yet to reach the official publishing date for AWoM this may be a bit premature, but I figured now that a good many of us have read the latest installment we might all have fun speculating what is in store for the gang in the 10th volume.

Unlike last time, I'm not seeing any outstanding problems/projects besides Dairine's search for Roshaun, which I'm certain will at least appear in, if not conclude in, the next book. As such, I can't really come up with any good ideas at this point in time without the official title and/or PR summary for the book. I do have some things I would like to see happen though. They are as follows:

1) Nita and Kit working together again, instead of running around missing each other. (Honestly, all the best lines tend to happen when those two are together.)
                      2) More Ronan/Kit/Darryl ('nough said)
                      3) Kit should get an "upgrade" to match Nita's awsomeness
                      4) More of the Kit and Nita from W@W and previous books that I love so much. I'm really happy about the potential for the Kit/Nita pairing addressed in the 9th volume but I love it when Ms. Duane shows us how much they mean to each other through the little things and the action, rather than just telling us with words. (That said, some of the parts in this latest volume made me squeal on the inside)
                      5) [More] sassy lines from all of the characters (Carmela/Nita/Kit/etc. I love it when they "trash talk")
                      6) One idea that I do have for the next book involves Irina. (Did anyone else catch all the passages with Irina regarding Nita mysteriously, and the fact that Nita STOPPED BREATHING for a second when she showed up? Not that I'm saying Irina's evil (in fact, I think she's not), just that there is something significant there.
                      7) I love the insights into Kit's school life. Could we get one of those for Nita, please? I know she's referred to as a nerd, but from what I see she's a pretty awsome person and it makes sense that she would have at least one friend at school besides Kit.
                      8) A Helena and Nita scene (possibly with Kit and Carmela) Mutants? LOL
                      9) Of course, I want to know what happened to Roshaun
                      10) Anything else???

Comment

^ I second everything!

Here is my pure speculation based on no information whatsoever:

1) More about Roshaun (what happened to him) and Dairine being a . There are NO COINCIDENCES and there's that line about her hair color...
                        2) Kit definitely needs to get an 'upgrade.' He was working with Ponch for forever so I don't think he had as much of an opportunity to develop one the way Nita is developing her oracular skills
                        3) I'd love to see more of the guys teaming up, just for the sheer hilarity of it, possibly with Nita too, to balance out all that testosterone and mediate a bit - as was pointed out, the other two are pretty used to being loners, and all three can be pretty impulsive. Of course, things could always go the other way and they might spend the whole time teasing her / her and Kit
                        4) Mela is probably going to continue exploring her newfound gift and might even get to be a little bit less gung-ho (though no less cool or hilarious) where wizardry is concerned
                        5) One of these days Kit's going to have to figure out about the stunt Nita pulled in AWH - how's he gonna react?
                        6) I definitely think there are going to be more developments with 'Bobo' and Irina eventually, though I've no idea when or what
                        7) I seriously cannot wait for the Nita-Helena meeting. Preferably with Kit and Mela present to add to the hilarity.
                        8) And PLEASE LET THEM BE WORKING TOGETHER!!! Nita and Kit make an awsome team and are always at their funniest/coolest together
                        9) Obviously, something has to happen after the last page of AWoM, but depending on who remebers the dream and who doesn't or how far they're willing to take it. I'm guessing friendship with light flirting or a smooth almost unnoticeable transition.

This is probably never going to happen, but I was just rereading HW and I think it would be really funny if they ran into the guy who helped Dair at the crossings, even if it was just a short or somewhat inconsequential scene, cause he was just kinda awsome

(Wow. maybe that's really redundant, but there's just so little to go on! Somebody get some promotional material out here stat!)
                        Last edited by OsakaZuki25; April 6, 2010, 10:36:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OsakaZuki25 View Post
                          This is probably never going to happen, but I was just rereading HW and I think it would be really funny if they ran into the guy who helped Dair at the crossings, even if it was just a short or somewhat inconsequential scene, cause he was just kinda awsome
                          You mean the Man in the Bar? I don't know if we'll see him again, at least not in that form...

Personally, I really miss seeing Nita and Kit together as often as we used to; it's fun to watch their dialogue go back and forth. I'd also love for a resolution on the whole Roshaun thing with Dairine. That's been bugging me for awhile!

Comment

My Predictions... okay, and Wants...

I both expect and hope for:

1.) Roshaun development. It's established that he may not be dead, so... where the heck is he?
                            2.) At least some flirting between Nita and Kit. I don't care if they address their actual feelings directly, because they sort of did address them to the reader... just not to one another, not in detail. I think that it's time that they Did flirt a bit, like some of you said, to -show- their emotions concerning one another.
                            In the least, more interaction between them as partners would be much appreciated.
                            3.) My favorite bush was missing, as well as my favorite bug! Maybe a short appearence in the next book? Daryl and Ronan and Carmela are becoming slightly less-than-seondary characters as the series progresses, so I see some focus on other characters like them in the future.
                            4.) Nita figuring out a little about Bobo. Yes he is wizardry, yes he seems all powerful... but why Nita? There's something extraordinary about her. Now this makes me think that I would rather Kit -not- have some inner power. I don't want a team of superheroes, I want to see strength in the face of disadvantage (like Kit facing off against the Lone Power and winning. Shows triumph of the common man), lines of power crossed/alliances formed (Wizardry already may have Nita on its side.... but if Nita had some big power, it'd be neat if she still had that partnership with Kit (crossing lines in the face of diversity)

Sometimes I ponder that neither of them should have some new power. I feel like I want them to fight the Lone Power as themselves, and win because they are average, because they ARE Kit and Nita. Then again, I wouldn't mind them being normal until the end of the- I'm getting ahead of myself!
                            5.) Another hint at lines of the poem... you know the one. I don't want it all revealed necesarily, but hints at it are possible. Maybe they ARE about Roshaun in some way?
                            6.) More secrets of wzardry. Tom revealed some heavy stuff near the end of Book Nine. Made me realize how little we know about wizardry.
                            7.) I expect a book focusing on Dairine soon. If not in book ten, maybe in book 11. At least a third of a book. I mean, she has no POV sections in this book, and I was getting used to hearing straight from her.
                            Last edited by FocusPunch; April 6, 2010, 11:54:41 PM. Reason: Typos!
                            ^(^.^)^

Comment

ummm.....most of what I wanted to say has already been taken.....i'll just support my top 2 favorites...

1) Helena!! I REALLY want to see more about her, especially when she sees Carmela using the speech, and...wouldn't it be cool if Nita just popped over, and Helena has to somehow make Nita a mutant too i mean COME ON!!! MUTANTS?!?!?!?! that's just...wow.

2)School. It would be great if we could get some more "normal life", particularly from Nita. We have a lot of stuff from Kit's daily life stuff, but almost nothing from Nita's. We have the thing with Dairine, and the whole thing with the zit in W@W, but not much else.....i mean, she has to have SOMETHING going on in her life others than wizardry!! (I hope)

3)Bonus! I really like the whole Nita/Kit thing going on w/ the last page stuff, but, on the other hand, it might ruin the series if there's too much. I think it should be kept really low-key. I mean...kissing...that's just..weird!
                              All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

Working...
                              X