No announcement yet.

Number 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wizard of Mars could suggest life on Mars... but, hey.
    Yes, thats what I think too....

Me

Comment

I am just a little confused... Is there an excerpt for WoM?

Comment

No, there's no excerpt to WoM, since DD hasn't really started writing it, hip-deep as she is in the Star Trek novel, The Empty Chair, at the moment.

This question was originally answered by Brennick, but his, M's, and demon dave's following posts were about Opal Deception, so they've been moved to the Books thread.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

As, kli said, no excerpt yet.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Me

Comment

I absolutely cannot wait for the excerpt to come out, but apparently Duane is working on a couple of other things before she starts actually writing this one! They don't give us much to go off of do they? A title *WOW* Maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with mars... but that's just me! Well, hoping to see some opinions of this soon!
            ------------------------------

NITA/KIT all the way! Luv ya tons! XoXo Julie

School's out! :bouncinghappy:

Julie, that's me, just me, myself and I here in my own little world!!! :soveryconfused:

Comment

Judging by this topic, DD is now writing A Wizard of Mars.

Although the "What I've worked on today" section in Out of Ambit doesn't mention it (yet).

The Errantry Concordance entry doesn't say anything about the book yet either, but I expect it'll be updated some time - maybe next April ?
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Whoo-hoo. According to rumours, THE OPAL DECEPTION (4th Artemis Fowl book) is supposed to come out somewhere in the world this month.
                I read that, my friend borrowed it from her friend who spent a while in the UK a while ago and brought it back. My friend who borrowed it from her friend lent it to me and I haven't returned it yet, it's good!

I can't wait to read the first excerpt from WOM, although it probably won't be out for a while, and besides... I would probably be a good idea to have read W@W before reading an excerpt from it! Even though there is no excerpt yet... You get my drift right?

Julie, that's me, just me, myself and I here in my own little world!!! :soveryconfused:

Comment

I already have it!
                  It's the best one yet IMHO.

Comment

Yes it is the best one, and perhaps the last? This saddened me, because the way he wrote it made me think that this would be the last one. I hope it is not so.

Comment

I don't want it to be the last one! It was so good though, it would be a good way to end... I hate that I only have the first and second books in this series!(Young Wizards) I have assaigned books for my family to get me for my b-day (Sept. 11). I don't like to be surprised by gifts, I already made sure that my dad is getting me the telescope that i picked out for Christmas, and I need to get books 3 through 7 for my b-day and then buy W@W when it comes out in October with the assorted money and gift cards that I get!

Comment

Artemis Fowl books, ive only just bought them all to read. And that took two days! They were good harmless fun not heard of the THE OPAL DECEPTION and when i go out tonight i will look for it! I hope its not the last one.

Hey PM not been around much latly (with me being on placement and writing lesson plans for teaching Ive not had time), how are you? Im off to check Fanlib now to see if the new one is up yet!
                        Later Dudes.
                        Fox
                        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

As the blurb for A Wizard of Mars (at <http://www.youngwizards.com/The_Book...ardOfMars.html> ) has been posted without any fanfare, I thought that I would announce it here, in case people haven't seen it. (I just came across it today and have no idea as to exactly how long it's been up, though we were promised one in spring 2005 [see here].) For that matter, it's probably about time for Lee to create an AWOM forum, particularly if DD is going to be doing readings from AWOM on upcoming WizCasts. (I note, however, that the first reading is slated to be from WAW [see the August 13th WizCast entry]&mdash;the AWOM readings that were promised in the July 9th entry will presumably come later. I imagine that the painkillers [see this Out of Ambit post] have been the primary reason that DD hasn't posted the first 'reading' WizCast, even though it is well past the 20th&mdash;I was worried that its delay meant that her recovery was suffering from complications, but the Out of Ambit post seems to indicate that she is somewhat recovered, at least to the point of being able to forgo the painkillers, so I hope that the remainder of her recovery goes quickly and smoothly.)

With regard to the blurb itself, it seems, if anything, even more ominous for Nita and Kit than that for WAW, though on a much smaller scale. (However, being ominous is probably almost de rigueur for a blurb.) I'm wondering whether the Martians' "old plans" are related to Edgar Rice Burroughs' Mars books, given her enquiry here ("some scrolling will be required, as the pertinent bits are in the comments section near the bottom of the page", to quote my previous mention of this). (Of course, she could be simply planning on making a throwaway reference, but we do know that Kit is interested in Burroughs' vision of Mars, considering that he [and probably, by extension, Ponch] created a version of Barsoom in Dilemma.)

Nathan

Edited to remove the anomalous emoticon.
                          Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

thanks for the heads up nathan. It looks intersting, doesn't it? I haven't even got my hands on W@W and I can't wait for number nine.

Nita finds herself facing a completely unexpected enemy that she can't conquer without giving up everything that matters to her. And if she does, she risks becoming far less than human. Or far more...
                            Hmm... even more interesting. "Far less than human or far more"? Something to do with the Powers? or something else? And an unexpected enemy.. perhaps someone that she has known for a while (my first thought was Dairine) or someone that we'll meet in W@W..

Alla

Comment

I would say LP as the 'unexpected enemy' but he's not all that 'unexpected' is he? This gives me the chills though. What could possibly make Nita far less or far more than human? Some kind of power?

Maybe it has to do with her lucid dreaming/
                              slightly prophetic abilities that are slowly developing. (?) Sounds like Kit's going to have a handful of stuff to deal with as well.

Wonder what it is that he holds the key to? *bites nails* Ohhh I can't wait until this book comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan:
                                With regard to the blurb itself, it seems, if anything, even more ominous for Nita and Kit than that for WAW, though on a much smaller scale. (However, being ominous is probably almost de rigueur for a blurb.)
                                Can't you just imagine a blurb like, "The Lone Power seems to be taking a rest from evil, so Nita and Kit spend their summer vacation having picnics on the Moon" - it doesn't seem to quite fit the series so far...
                                I'm wondering whether the Martians' "old plans" are related to Edgar Rice Burroughs' Mars books, given her enquiry here ("some scrolling will be required, as the pertinent bits are in the comments section near the bottom of the page", to quote my previous mention of this). (Of course, she could be simply planning on making a throwaway reference, but we do know that Kit is interested in Burroughs' vision of Mars, considering that he [and probably, by extension, Ponch] created a version of Barsoom in Dilemma.)
                                It's possible . This is out of context enough that I don't think it's a spoiler:
                                <span class="ev_code_blue">"...all you can think about is going hunting for ancient Martian princesses in skimpy clothes." He guffawed.
                                "Will you cut it out? It's not about princesses! That's just in a book!" Kit said, but no one was listening. There was too much laughing going on.</span> -- WAW p 97

Now I want AWOM
                                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X