Number 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number 9

While browsing the site I found the 9th book will be called A Wizard of Mars.
    Any opinions of the book or title?

XD Welcome, T-wiz, and I'm Gryphon. I guess you could call me an oldie (I've been on this forum for months over a year), though I sure don't feel like it.

Wizard of Mars (sometimes called WoM) on the forum has had a few discussions, and I guess I'm waiting for the next book to come out before I think about the 9th. XD Wizards at War (W@W) has a massive topic for it, but I haven't poked at it; DD posted a few excerpts of the book on this forum, and I haven't read those yet.

Wizard of Mars could suggest life on Mars... but, hey.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I have yet to finish reading the main stream books yet. I am still working on them when I can though. But on the topic of Wizards of Mars, I find the title intriguing, and interesting, perking my interest of he series even more. I have always been a fan for outer space type deals, though some of the things going around about such really confuzzles me. But this book is still early in the development, if even that at all. Title are known to change, concepts are known to change, but all we know is that the author is good at what she does and we can expect great things from her. Keep up the good work Diane Duane.

[ EDIT]
      By the way, welcome to the YW forums T-wiz. I would like to give you a warm welcome and offer you this wonderful door prize of a peacock. Do not worry, that peacock will not bite, though it will squak and peck somewhat.
      "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

I was thinking on this subject the other day and i was wondering if D left something on mars on her way through i HW? maybe some Bacteria or something that has evolved? hahah crazy hey but Wizards are sworn to project all forms of life!! Maybe then they will have to have a wizards out post on mars?? just untill they get there own?? the possibilties!!

Oh Sorry, Hi T-wiz, I'm an oldie like the great Gryphon but i think Gryphon has been here a few more months that me . See ya around
        Fox
        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Fox, you're definitly older than me by member terms. You've been a whole year and several months before I joined!

I joined in October of 2004, so that's a year and (October, November, December, January, February...) about four months. Nearly a year and a half!

Actually (I was corrected by PM), DD only has one chapter of W@W up; she used to have more, but she took them down. I don't know the link off-hand, but I'm pretty sure it's easy to find.
          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Actually, Gryphon, your join date is October the eighth, 2003, and Fox's is May 9, 2003.

So, actually, you're wrong about when you joined! Just thought I'd point that out...

Yes, there is one chapter for W@W. It's on the youngwizards.com site. All you have to do is use the pull down menu "The Books" or something like that, and you will have your excerpt, by going to the W@W part. Relatively simple to get to, really...</span>
            "People...stop being mean to each other. Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane

Comment

hahhah fancy that! I always thought you had been here longer that me Gryphon!! wow well what can i say? hahah Bit angry that Ive not written 1000 post yet though i will say that!! I will never be a senior memeber!! oh well! core Im coming up to two years! I never knew!! WOW!!

Now back to W on M. does anyone else have a few ideas they migth want to share. I shared my one but to be honest i cant think of any more .
              Foxy

Comment

Earth becomes tuned in to wizards? Maybe somehow life is spawned on mars, possibly in W@W somehow, and then the earthlings make alien contact, and then they know of wizards... Just an idea!
                "People...stop being mean to each other. Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane

Comment

so what your saying is, is that everyday people find out about wizards because when they make contact with the mars aliens they have there own wixards! interesting!! i thought of a old one, what if earth is in trouble and the answer is on mars becasuse millions of years ago a human like race faces the same problem but took the wrong answer? so earth wizards have to find clues to what the mars wizards did all those years ago?
                  Fox

Comment

That's an interesting theory.

Personally, when I read the title, I thought of the mostly untranslatable plaque that Dairine found in Olympus Mons when she went up there. So maybe she found the first clue? Or she found something else....
                    ---------------------------
                    ~
                    And we go on...

Comment

For the record, this is where the excerpt is.

Based on the passage from that first (and now only) excerpt, I wondered if Mamvish was the Wizard of Mars from the title. But when I asked DD in a chat, she said no. Oh well .
                      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

thanks PM I wondered where it had got to!! mhahaha read it for the 10th time now! everytime I find something new! cant wait for it to come out!! So many new books out this year and all around the same time!! you have the new Harry Potter and Wizards at war and the new Eragon (Eldest) and then Peter Hamilton's second book in the pandoria star series (Judas unchained!)!! sooooo many! *I do beleieve this is going to be a good year! there are tears!! only 4-6 months to go to reading heaven!*
                        Fox

Comment

You're right Fox! I can't wait for all the new books! I asolutely love Eragon, and although I didn't get the deluxe edition, I read the extra chapter from Eldest in the back when I went to the bookstore. Christopher Paolini's finished writing Eldest! He's editing it now!

Anyway. Back to the topic.

I don't think the Earthlings are giong to get "tuned in" to wizards. Any wizardry the aliens do would be percieved as higher technology by the general population, although some would know or figure it out. And that's only if we make contact with people on mars.
                          Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                          "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                          "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

Im trying to track down a cheap copy of the deluxe editon! Its not out in the UK yet which Im really cross about! I mean why should the USA have it for Months and we not have it! I might need to buy a copy in
                            Later dude
                            Fox

Comment

Hey: don't complain. I'm still waiting for SCORPIA (Alex Rider series) to come out in Canada. You UKers had it AGES AGO!!! *tries to swim to UK* Grr.

Whoo-hoo. According to rumours, THE OPAL DECEPTION (4th Artemis Fowl book) is supposed to come out somewhere in the world this month.

*shakes head* Wow. Off-topic.

I think it has something to do with that plaque that Dairine found on Mars. Maybe an entrance to a secret chamber, maybe??? Just guessing. But that would be copying a certain plot. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X