No announcement yet.

Post here if you want to talk about the cover of Deep Wizardry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooohhhhh Birdhead is going to be MAD!!!!!!! Hee Hee Hee Hee!!!!!!

*mutters to herself* may as well call Aurora in early......

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

Originally posted by bassethoundbeagle:
      Post here if you want to talk about the cover of Deep Wizardry. THe 1980's cover of Deep Wizardry was posted by DD in Random Thoughts From the Author. I thought it was a little strange.
      You thought it was strange? Why is that? That's the only version of the cover I had ever seen... 'course, I first read the books quite some time ago. I like that cover, myself.

Worlebird
      ------------------------------------
      At the beginning of the week, we sealed ten BSD programmers into a computer room with a single distribution of BSD Unix. Upon opening the room after seven days, we found all ten programmers dead, clutching each others' throats, and thirteen new flavors of BSD.
      Worlebird
      ------------------------------------
      "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us the nicest of the damned." - They Might be Giants

Comment

Oh, Christchurch, we went there a year or two ago... should be good, as I believe there's quite a bit of snow down there at the moment. (It was pouring down yesterday, and the only thing my dad would say about it was "I hope it's snowing somewhere." Fortunately, it was. )

As to the accents- well, I'm sorry, but from a bunch of ockers who think you say fish and chips "feesh and cheeps" (I won't even mention what you do to the numeral 6), you really have no room to comment.
        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

The only weird accent, in my opinion and no offense, is a Southern accent. but then a lot of people would say northeren accents are weird, but I'm not saying that I don't like people from the south, My aunt and uncle live in Texas.

*Agent~M*
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "I could live

Comment

*starts to laugh* Now, you Americans don't even know what you're talking about. You ever heard an Aussie accent? Surely you've heard
            "Hoy, Oi'm steeve Eerwin, and oi'm the croucodoil hunter!"
            (Trans: Hi, I'm Steve Irwin and I'm the Crocodile Hunter, an evil idiot who has no respect for wildlife and should one day get his comeuppance, hopefully by crocodile, the twerp.)

Anyway... the accent isn't that bad. Actually, I don't much like southern american either, but I suppose I can stand it. Now, a good accent is a Kiwi one... or as I believe I've already mentioned, Irish. Irish is good.
            T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Yea Irish and Scottish are the best accents I know of. And yea I've heard Australian accents, theyre kinda weird at first but I kind of like them and it's weird, up until last year I had no idea I even had an accent.

*Agent~M*
              "I could live

Comment

I don't think I've got much of an accent, but every time I go overseas for a few weeks, the first thing I notice when I get off the plane in Sydney is the accent of the annoucers - Kwantus floight faiyv for ate orrivin from Lunnon Eathro, ploise collec ya baggige from conveyah beld too... I guess I probably sound like that to people everywhere else!

But Kiwis? They talk without 'i's, everyone knows that... Tum and Phul like eatung potato chups wuth unyun dup while fushung!

Comment

Oh, suuuuuure.
                  We do so have "i"s You guys are the ones who don't; you have ees instead, which is extremely wierd. Heh.
                  T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

I'm going to leave this to you guys.

*Agent~M*
                    "I could live

Comment

Good idea. Speaking of Trans-Tasman rivalry (kinda) and the Boys in Black (kinda) you should have seen town today. Everyone was wearing black and walking in the direction of the Stadium. Very obsessive. ANyway, after we beat England (Inshallah!) we'll beat you, whenever we next play you guys. I hope you guys are scaaareed... we gotta lotta wellington boys on the team this year.
                      Now I'm goinna sit back and see if anyone, including that rogue Aussie, can translate this. Oh, wait, we have some Brits hanging around don't we? You too.
                      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Hrm... the first Australia vs NZ match in the Tri Nations is in late July. We'll see what happens!

Comment

Guess what.
                          What?
                          England just beat us. Serves me right. mind you, 15/13 isn't all that bad... yes it is. Sigh. Anyways, we were off form for some reason.... ah, it really doesn't matter. One off tests really don't affect anything- but I drove my best friend, who is an extreme rugby fan, that it was "OK." I said "It's OK" untile she said "If you say that one more time I'm hanging up on you." What could I do? I said it. Lucky I'm not that obsessed.
                          T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

what sport was that for again? Oh! Also there's a funny joke that one of my friends tells at lunch about the crocodile hunter:
                            Croc.hunter: Now, here is the Lesser Horned toad (remember this is in a thick australian accent so it'd sound a little like Lessa Hoand Toad)It's very poisonous. Now let's get a closer look shall we?
                            *gets closer to the "toad"*
                            Croc.hunter: OW! it bit me (what a surprise) but don't worry I've been vaccinated.
                            Croc.hunter's assistant: *whisper whisper*
                            Croc. hunter: Wait, I have just been informed that I have NOT been vaccinated. *croc hunter drops dead*

It goes something like that.

*Agent~M*
                            "I could live

Comment

Oh, yes, please let that happen...
                              And, you American charlatan, that sport was rugby. Unlike American football.
                              T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Hee Hee Hee. Yes I know rugby is different from american football, wait do you mean soccer or football here?, I've seen rugby played in England. really rough.
                                *Agent~M*
                                "I could live

Comment

Working...
                                X