Nita's mom always thinks the worst.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nita's mom always thinks the worst.

Nita and Kit are just friends for now, right, well Nita's mom doesn't really agree. Why does she think so wrong... i mean... aren't they WAY to young to "do" anything???

so sorry if that seems inappropiate, but seriusly, she does think a little too fast
    Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; September 5, 2009, 06:37:53 PM. Reason: merged posts

No,they are not to young, she's going by her own experience.

Comment

mmm... how old are they in the first book? my impression is that it was jr. high age - 7th/8th grade ish. Depending on physical development (everyone's different) - it might be too young and it might not be too young to "do" anything.

Comment

I'm sorry to say that in today's world they wouldn't be to young It's kinda sad, but kids (7th grade and beyond - around my age) would do anything. It's just kids trying to grow up to fast or kids that think the universe revolves around them... which DD would highly disagree with, as would I. As for Nita's mom, she has the right to question anything her daughter does ( especially when she's actually in HER universe). Plus, mom knows best

Comment

It's a parent's job both to be nosy and to immediately assume the worst until proven otherwise. At least, that's what it is when you've been around my parents for too long. I mean, my mother made assumptions when I was twelve or thirteen that I might be tempted into doing... stuff with a family member who is my age and as close as a blood brother. And tried to warn me against it should things ever progress that way, which I am very happy to say that I never did. Peoples' minds go to devious places and many parents like to try to keep their kids from going too far into those devious places.

Anyways, to sum up what I was trying to say in that rambling, Nita's mom was justified in her own mind because she was trying to protect Nita from doing something skeevy that the girl probably wasn't ready for.

Comment

Oh, why did this thread get a thumbs down? It's a perfectly reasonable point to bring up.
            "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

Dai everyone. First post on a topic.

I'm with Priellan. Let's look at the evidence, we have a 13-year-old girl spending all day with her 12-year-old boy friend. These two have been spending a lot of time together for about a month, doubtfully going a day without calling or seeing each other.

Now here she is, having brought Kit on their family vacation. She is responsible for both of them and would be remiss is she didn't think that perhaps they were doing something being gone for so long. Just imagine if she knew they the two of them were skinny-dipping (mind you it was a necessary part of what they were doing).

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by anotherBob View Post
                Just imagine if she knew they the two of them were skinny-dipping (mind you it was a necessary part of what they were doing).

Bob

hahaha. shed probably freak!! i know my mom would!!
                but i mean, seriously though, wouldnt you be suspicious if your 13-year-old kept randomly leaving the house without saying anything with her 12-year-old friend thats a boy???? especially if you would ever find on the beach late at night?

-nuff said
                "Four for you Glenn Cocoa, you go Glenn Cocoa!" : Damian Mean Girls

Comment

Yes, if I were her mother, I would probably be a little worried. It's not that I wouldn't trust her, but just to make sure. Even if I were Nita, I would even be concerned about what my parents would think. It is a little strange that they would leave almost every morning together, and come back late at night, even after she was warned.
                  "Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself" Hermione Granger Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Comment

um, guys? not meaning to be a downer or an annoyance, but um... i dont think we should post on this thread anymore. diane had said in one of her posts that she doesnt want any one of us talking about "that word". she said it might end her career! i got really scared when she said that, so no more talking about "that word", please.
                    Last edited by kit13579; June 8, 2010, 10:08:55 PM.
                    "Four for you Glenn Cocoa, you go Glenn Cocoa!" : Damian Mean Girls

Comment

kit13579, She was referring to the chat which, apparently had gotten very explicit. This is a discussion about some very much on topic for the books and has not come close to anything beyond PG.

Back on topic, in reality, they got in trouble not for going out, but in defying Nita's parent' specific instructions not to go out.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X