Audiobook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audiobook?

Does anyone know when the audiobook will be released? If it's not going to be for a while yet, I'll break down and just buy the book(been dying to know what happens next!), but I really love the audio version of this series... Christina Moore is an amazing narrator.
    ~Thanks

Originally posted by Kaitydid View Post
    Does anyone know when the audiobook will be released? If it's not going to be for a while yet, I'll break down and just buy the book(been dying to know what happens next!), but I really love the audio version of this series... Christina Moore is an amazing narrator.
    DD tells me that the audiobook is just now being recorded. I'm not sure what this means in terms of how long post-production on the recording will take: but it seems unlikely that we'd see the audiobook any time in April and maybe not even in May or June.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Hmm... I think I'll buy the book now then, and probably end up buying the audio version too later! I know it will be worth the wait.
      ~Thanks

Comment

i always find i remember more of the book when i listen to the audiobook. it might just be that i can remember what others say better that what i read. still, i'm close to completing the book, so i hope i don't have to wait too long to listen to the book.

Comment

BTW, I had a note from DD saying that she'd heard from Recorded Books, and the AWoM audiobook is in their third-quarter catalog, which means the audiobook will be ready "some time in July."

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Enfield-Burke View Post
            BTW, I had a note from DD saying that she'd heard from Recorded Books, and the AWoM audiobook is in their third-quarter catalog, which means the audiobook will be ready "some time in July."
            Nice. I just recently picked up the Audiobooks of So You Want to Be a Wizard, Deep Wizardry, High Wizardry, and A Wizard Abroad from the iTunes store. 15$ for those is a really good deal (was debating on getting the 20$ ones because of the better quality, but the lesser ones were just fine).

When my next paycheck comes out, I may look into getting the rest as well.

I love the idea of Audiobooks, but since my commute to work is so short (10 minutes max), it's just not justifiable to spend the money of Audiobooks that much. I only get the ones of series I greatly enjoy and are willing to spend the time at home listening too while doing various house holds.

Gibby Gibson
            "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Any Word?

Any word on the Audio Book? I've looked in iTunes, I've looked on audible and I've looks at barns & noble. I've even looked for the ebook in iTunes and nothing... I'd like to find out what happens next, sooner than later...

Comment

Originally posted by jzaun View Post
                Any word on the Audio Book? I've looked in iTunes, I've looked on audible and I've looks at barns & noble. I've even looked for the ebook in iTunes and nothing... I'd like to find out what happens next, sooner than later...
                Recorded Books told DD this week that A Wizard of Mars will hit Audible "later this month" -- I'm assuming that means before the first of November. We'll be keeping an eye on this and will post something here as soon as it's spotted. (The book is presently shipping to libraries in cassette and CD formats, as well as in the new digital player-based "Playaway" format.)

Comment

Maybe "this month" meant next month

Comment

So is the audio book available in any digital format? Heck, even on CDs... I'd be willing to rip it myself to mp3 if need be.

Comment

:-( Almost the end of November and nothing new.

Comment

I did break down and buy the hardcover, just couldn't wait any longer to find out what happened next. However, I would still love to listen to the book, there is something about hearing the different voices that really brings the story to life.

I'll keep checking this thread and Audible.com for updates.

Comment

Mid December

Comment

End December and still nothing

Any news?

Comment

Customer Service <customerservice@recordedbooks.com>
                              Date: Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 5:46 AM HST
                              To: justin.zaun @ gmail.com
                              Dear Mr. Zaun:

The title "A Wizard of Mars" will be available from Audible in approximately 30 days. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Estelle Cattell
                              Customer Service Representative
                              Recorded Books LLC
                              270 Skipjack Rd
                              Prince Frederick, MD 20678
                              customerservice@recordedbooks.com

Comment

Working...
                              X