Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWoM Amazon Early Pre-order info

People are now seeing this message:

"We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on XX XX ***X. The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

"Diane Duane *"A Wizard of Mars: The Ninth Book in the Young Wizards Series"* Previous estimated arrival date: April 15 2010 - April 19 2010. New estimated arrival date: March 25 2010 - March 27 2010."

Yay!
    Lee / Forum Administrator

This is great news.

Naturally, I've chosen a time to go on holiday that is oh-so-inconvenient for my reading habits. I go away in two days, which is not enough time for the book to reach me. Sigh. I guess I'll place an order at my local bookshop and read the book when I'm back at home.

Have fun, all you people who will have your copies in the next couple of days!

Comment

Amazon just emailed my that they had shipped my copy of the book. 3/23/10

Comment

I wonder if the UK Amazon has them early too... that'd be great if they did, but seein' as how I've not received an email to the effect, and I'm going on holiday on the 29th... I hope if they got it it'll be here by then!

Edit: Am nimrod. Just saw Lee is in the south of England, so I reckon they might indeed have gotten them early. Hmmmm.
        "Sometimes, people build walls- not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to knock them down." -Anonymous

Comment

OK. Now I HAVE to get that book! I didn't realize it was so soon, and since it has now been brought to my attention, NOTHING will stop me from getting that book!!!!!!!!
          All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

Originally posted by Cait View Post
            Just saw Lee is in the south of England, so I reckon they might indeed have gotten them early. Hmmmm.
            No, it doesn't look that way: Amazon.co.uk seems still to be showing them as a pre-order. Should be interesting to see how quickly this changes.

But what I am finding very odd is that co.uk is also showing a paperback edition, and from what DD told me, the paperback edition is not due until this time next year. I think co.uk has messed up the year on the release date.
            Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

I'll have to make a point of checking Forbidden Planet this weekend, and, if that doesn't provide, then the dealers' hall at Eastercon...
              -- Rick.

Comment

I got mine last night! Well, it arrived during the day, but I got home at eleven after performing in a concert. Long story. But I got mine last night!!! (And it's read by now, naturally.) *blissful sigh*
                "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Got mine in yesturday after being sent to me from my house (I'm at college) Just finished it a few hours ago. A great read all around.
                  My Young Wizard's RP Forum

Comment

Ahhhhhh! JEALOUS. Yeah, I'm in the UK also atm, and the ship date has not changed from April. Please Amazon UK, please can you hurry up?

I noticed the paperback edition thing also, Lee. I almost pre-ordered that instead (because it's cheaper), but it didn't show an exact date so I didn't trust it.
                    ~*~
                    ...to have been this once, completely, even if only once: to have been at one with the earth, seems beyond undoing.
                    - Rainer Maria Rilke, The Ninth Elegy

Comment

I got my copy two days ago. Almost done with it!! Amazon never changed the status on my order, they just shipped my book two weeks before they said the would!!
                      Last edited by Daisy; March 31, 2010, 12:04:23 PM. Reason: spelling
                      Ars longa, vita brevis
                      (Art is long, life is brief) -- Seneca

Comment

Got mine yesterday and read it in one sitting. I was so eager for it. And I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it.

Comment

Early ship date for UK!

Woke up this morning to the following message from AmazonUK:

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

Diane Duane "A Wizard of Mars: The Ninth Book in the Young Wizards Series"
                          Previous estimated arrival date: April 19 2010 - April 21 2010
                          New estimated arrival date: April 09 2010

EEEEE! Not as early as the states, but early nonetheless! Bravo! This also means I'll be on break still, so I won't be neglecting university work to read.
                          "Sometimes, people build walls- not to keep people out but to see who cares enough to knock them down." -Anonymous

Comment

Yep, I just got the same message also, yay! (Hopefully not an April Fool's Day joke... ) It will also be during my break, so I'll just put off writing those essays I have to do for a little longer...
                            ~*~
                            ...to have been this once, completely, even if only once: to have been at one with the earth, seems beyond undoing.
                            - Rainer Maria Rilke, The Ninth Elegy

Comment

I hope this is an okay place to ask this question.

I also hope this is an okay question to ask (i.e. this isn't something that's already been discussed to death and/or which everyone here knows the answer to but me).

Is AWoM going to be/has AWoM been released as an audiobook?

Comment

Working...
                              X