End of book with millman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of book with millman

At the end of the book, Nita and millman have the last conversation. We've read the book, so we know it was the part where Nita finds out he knows about wizardry. Now, the last thing that Nita says to Millman is "supposed to be counseling?"

Does anyone know what she meant by that comment?

Hmm, my take is this: Nita had just told him that she thinks she's done needing to work with him... and then realized a moment later that he had already said "supposed to have been counseling", past (participle?) tense, meaning that he had already declared this to be their last session before she did. In other words, he's good enough at reading her moods that he didn't need her to tell him she's ok now.
    Ardub
    r:w)

Comment

I agree with Ardub. I think Millman is whole lot for than he seems. He and probably some others are placed in schools to help the wizards when they have problems. It seems the powers wouldn't just throw the wizards to the wolves. They just have to ask for help.

DD has no throw away charactors in her novels, not in Young Wizards or in Star Trek. Millman showed up again in Wizards at War, he'll probably be back again.

Comment

That bugged me for a while too, but eventually I noticed that, a few pages back, Millman had said "This was supposed to have been counseling, not..." which, as well as saying it's the end, it could also mean that it should have been counseling...but was it?
        All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

"This was supposed to have been counseling, not digging through your skull for juicy tidbits."
          Or something like that.
          Maybe he meant that he really was digging through her skull for juicy tidbits?!
          Meh. I don't know, that seems unlikely I think that he wasn't really so much counseling than talking with her through her troubles. (Although, isn't that what counseling is? I dunno.) After all, Nita observes that Millman isn't your average psychiatrist.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X