• Show
Clear All

• What did you think of Alone

What did you think of Alone? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*Nita*

What did you think of Alone? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*Nita*

Comment

Nita youre right A Wizard alone was TOTALLY AWSOME!!!!!!!!! I like it mostly because it was deep and also humorous, not many writers can combine those. I thought when Nita sent Dairines bed to Pluto was GREAT! but I loved the rest to. I wish there was some kind of epiloge though and i thought that there would be more about the T.V, Diane kept bringing that up. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

peace
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

I agree, it was wonderful. However, I still have a soft spot for Deep Wizardry. Though, not to make a pun or anything (Bad puns rock, what am I saying?), Alone /was/ a lot deeper than DW. It was very well done, and I can't wait for the next installment!

~*~
        "It is easier to carry a cross around your neck than across your back."
        ~*~
        A picture is not always worth a thousand words. I would rather have the words and paint the pitcure with my mind.

Comment

But I think I like AWAl more.
          ka kite
          Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
          Chocolate lover extraordinaire... mmmmyummmm
          IT'S SUMMER!! WOOHOO!
          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

i liked AWA, i like ALL the YW books............BUT.........it just had a sort of ...darkness that doesnt really combine well with the rest of the series. Most of the rest of the books (TWD excluded) had more of a whole hearted focus on the problem than on the inner thoughts/feelings of the characters. I think i find that the greater focus on magic and the poblems suited the series better. Don't get me wrong, it was a good book, Diane's a great writer, but um......., i think i like DW the best(Go Peach!!!!!)
            I did like the combo of deepness and humor, though. That's a hard thing to do-combine it well. But I can't wait for the next installment in the series.

erised straeh ruoy tub ecaf ruoy ton wohs i
            PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
            Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

I'm still reading and I have to say this book is immensley captivating. I hate to put it down even to study for midterms

Comment

I loved the book, but then again I am a bookworm who loves to read a new book that doesn't takes days to read. Lately I've been able to use the books as an interesting way of self-reflection, it makes me ask myself questions and helps me set my priorities straight. The series totally rocks, but there are other series that I enjoy about as much as the YW series. I bought the book, and within 24 hours I had finished it.

Comment

I really liked it. I dont actually have a favorite book, but this was one of the better ones

Comment

I loved the book, but it is still hard for me to get used to the whole "nita's alone kits alone" thing. i wish they would be together like the "old days" maybe i am just a nutcase

KEEP THE PEACE
                    :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
                    Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
                    A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

It was little bit hard to get through the beginning, as it didn't really grab me, but knowing Diane Duane, I kept reading, and after about 100 pages, i became hooked, and finished the rest of the 200 pages in one day!

I liked the darker tones in this book, it makes for compelling storylines. Although it wasn't my favorite YW book, it was up to par, and maybe better. I can't really think of anything crisism to this book... it was just good.

Comment

I Loved this book. How I liked the books went in order of:

1:So you want to be a Wizard......These 3 tied for 1st
                        High Wizardry
                        A Wizard Alone
                        2:A Wizard's Dilema
                        3eep Wizardry
                        A Wizard Abroad..........tied for least fav.

I know there will be some response to this so I'll go on and say: DeepW and AWAbroad are GOOD books, they just aren't my favorites of the series. I have seen TOO many posts where people say that those two were their favs. Don't want people getting mad on me. lol

-IV-
                        -IV-
                        Ipha
                        Dai Stihò

Comment

...how in the world did that smily face get there?
                          ...strange

-IV-
                          -IV-
                          Ipha
                          Dai Stihò

Comment

AH HA I figured it out!!! lol. What can I say, I havn't been doing this long.lol

-IV-
                            -IV-
                            Ipha
                            Dai Stihò

Comment

I like A Wizard Alone, but I thought A Wizard Abroad was better.

"Until I feaed I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love to breath." -Harper Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X