Hint at certain device in Wizard Abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hint at certain device in Wizard Abroad

On page 239 of Wizard Abroad, as the other wizards are arriving before heading off to battle, there is a description of what they are carrying.

"Some people actually had swords, and there were many wands and rods in evidence, of rowan and other woods; there were staves of oak and willow and beech. One wizard, for reasons Nita couldn't begin to guess, was carrying an eggbeater."

Must have used the same shopping channel as Dairine... <G>

*is generally amused* DD's said: "I think I must find eggbeaters intrinsically funny." (paraphrased) Long time no post, by the way...
    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

LOL! I'd forgotten about that. Has any ever read the story about the Frying Pan of Doom? Oh, gods...that's the funniest story I've read I think. The King and Queen are suddenly asked by a...son of a magician I think it was, to help him with the ultimate weapon of his father. Imbedded with a spell so powerful that it could only be made once by any wizard. And just in the moment, the wife got in the way, hehe. So they put up a Tournament in the castle, to prove the courage, swordmanship, eye with the bow...and cooking.

Eh...I'll stop now, heh.

----

Magic Butter, better than normal on your toast.

Comment

Ah, another Paticia C. Wrede fan? The Book of Enchantments if one of my favorites and that story is HILLARIOUS.

A Jedi Ewok
        And proud of it...

Loyal reader of Harry Potter and Young Wizards books and great lover of Moon Cakes...
        A physics geek
        And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

That IS so funny.

And it's not Dairine who bought the eggbeater like creation

I am me and I am unique.
          Gods all bless,
          Rhia

Proud Tamora Pierce obsessee
          I am me and I am unique.
          Gods all bless,
          Rhia

Proud Tamora Pierce obsessee

Comment

Khendon- I really like the idea of that wizard using the shopping channel...What do you think the (presumably) magical eggbeater does? Well, a real eggbeater certaintly blends the different parts of the egg into one gross consistancy...just apply that to a human...Eww.
            -Kris

Comment

Just to give you an idea of how old this topic is... XD There's a "December" post, and we're in the month of novemeber.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

And, for a further hint, it was December 2003, not December 2004. This is an ooooold topic.

An old Captain Marvel Jr comic had a story where someone got hold of an eggbeater that gave him the ability to fly.
                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Murray:
                  And, for a further hint, it was December 2003, not December 2004. This is an ooooold topic.
                  What's wrong with a bit of thread necromancy?

I wonder what possible uses an eggbeater could have in battle. Does it coat someone in egg? Or is it more like Nita's "charm bracelet" in TWD?

What other odd instruments could be used in battle against the LP?
                  PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                  Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Toothpicks! XD
                    And my Grandma's sandwiches *shudders*. I think the LP may have had a hand in those sandwiches.

I think an eggbeater could beat the egg out of the enemy though. Or maybe it fries them so you can serve them with bacon or something.
                    Eggbeaters do seem to show up a couple of times.
                    -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

OMG!!!! finally, another tamora fan!! not quite sure what to call you, rhia was it? i neeed a title here lady...mage? lady knight? squire?... well, godesss bless,

ps the eggbeater thing WAS very funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X