No announcement yet.

Ronan & Nita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never really thought of Ronan as "goth" ....just.. dark. I do like Ronan, and as I've said somewhere else before, I would gladly take him!, but I do like Kit/Nita. Hmm... DD... write a character like me into the books... let me take Ronan. LOL.

I'm actually not sure how I feel about the instant-ness of the pairings. As I see it, Nita/Kit, Dair/Roshaun, Carmela + Skreet + Fillif as a Three Musketeers kind of group... I feel like maybe it should take longer. Although I am yelling "kiss already!!" with the whole Kit/Nita thing. Heehee.

Ronan... I would really like to see him end up with someone, though.
    ..................~*Wolf*~..................
    AIM: CeliaWells8 / Twitter: Scifi_Nerd
    Won 2nd Place for Topic Of The Week 04, January, 2010!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
      I never really thought of Ronan as "goth" ....just.. dark. I do like Ronan, and as I've said somewhere else before, I would gladly take him!, but I do like Kit/Nita. Hmm... DD... write a character like me into the books... let me take Ronan. LOL.

I'm actually not sure how I feel about the instant-ness of the pairings. As I see it, Nita/Kit, Dair/Roshaun, Carmela + Skreet + Fillif as a Three Musketeers kind of group... I feel like maybe it should take longer. Although I am yelling "kiss already!!" with the whole Kit/Nita thing. Heehee.

Ronan... I would really like to see him end up with someone, though.

Can I just say ditto to the whole thing? No, that's not allowed. *presses thanks button*

Anyways, the only part I don't agree with K/N right away. I like that it's taking a long time to get to any closure. It's more in touch with reality, and it's different from most teen romance-subplots where it's extremely obvious and they kiss/date after the first book. Not that that's not fun, but I like the half-unconcious 'unrequited love' thread that's through the book.

I don't like N/R because they really don't fit. I think the only reason they had any relationship was because the Powers pushed them together to make Ronan recognize his avatar status. That was part of the reason Neets went to Ireland at all, I think.

I am, however, a total Carmela/Ronan shipper.

And maybe Kit/Darryl/Ronan will be the 3 Musketeers. After all, they're all together on AWoM cover...confirmed by DD Herself.

Comment

Noooo!!!!

Oh, wait. First, thanks for the thanks. =)

But... nooooo!!!! Carmela/Ronan?! How can you possibly imagine that?! Happy-go-lucky, know-it-all Carmela, and down-to-earth, cut-through-the-crap Ronan? How can you possibly?! I think the only reason he stands her is cuz she's Kit's sister and pretty smart...

Oh, geeze. I don't see them as compatible at aaaaall.....

But... those three musketeers? Teehee. I like. ^_^

Comment

Not compatible? That's why I ship them. All the potential dialogue, plus Kit's and Nita's heads exploding.

Plus, they're both kind of know-it-all above the law people. They don't care what the rules are.

And I'm not saying Ronan has to like Carmela. I just want to see Carmela's play for him.

Oh, and I'm a Darryl/Nguyet shipper.

Comment

Hahaa.... I can totally see where you're going with that as a fan fic point of view. Not sure I could pull it off, though.

Remind me who Nguyet is?
            (and do we really have enough info about Daryl to ship him? I guess every other character is an almost-blank slate, so we could do anything with them.. lol)

Comment

Ngyuet (I hope I'm spelling that right) is the girl half of the twychild for W@W. We didn't see much of her...but what I saw, I liked. She's described as haveing a porcelian prettiness- the kind of porcelian that makes high-teck knives. She and Darryl would be very cute together, IMO. And there was some info about Darryl's character in AWAl- abdal, fierce innocence, sense of mischief and humor, power, good kid.

It would be fun to see...
              I just hope Ngyuet's all right after their backfiring spell on the moon.

As for Ronan/Carmela...if anyone call pull it off, DD can. She's the master of complicated stuff.

Comment

Ahaaa.... I thought so.... I got very confused by the names once we got out of the traditional English/UK/French, etc...

Ronan/Carmela... yeesh. *laughs* I'd like to read a few fics, just to get a feel for what you shippers are thinking. It's hard to see the other side, sometimes. (For example, I was once strictly Hermionie/Harry or Hermionie/Ron for the Harry Potter series, but my friend was able to turn me to Hermionie/Draco and now I absolutely love it)

Since this thread is Ronan/Nita though, I feel inclined to stay strictly on topic.
                I think it would be awesome to see lots more Ronan, since I love-love-love him, and I know we'll get to see that in AWoM, which makes me very happy. =D

Comment

Well, DD basically just plucked Ronan out of thin air after being gone for three books. And now he's back for at least another two books? Maybe he's back because DD has something planned for him where we left him in AWA. One of the last things we hear about him in that book is that he and Nita are having a private conversation which doesn't get included in the text. Should be on the second to last page of the paperback.

And they never do talk about the kiss, though Ronan wanted to before the Battle. He just walked away, probably because Kit was lingering close by them. He shows up right after Ronan walks away.

This topic showed up the day after I finished AWA. Perfect timing? I think so.

Comment

Yeah

But what about kit remember in wizards dilema she wears that mini skirt and kit thinks on how it's a shame that Nita doesn't wear stuff like that. if ronan and Nita got together than kit would feel like he doesn't matter to her that she chooses Ronan over him major warfare there interesting to who would win

Comment

On the other hand, I think Kit's probably smart enough to eventually realise that if Nita dated Ronan, it wouldn't mean that he, Kit, didn't matter to her. Not to be boring or anything, but boys and girls can be friends. When friends start dating other people, yeah, it can feel like you're losing them, but how we feel isn't necessarily the same thing as what is true, and it really doesn't mean that Nita is picking Ronan over Kit. It certainly doesn't mean that Kit doesn't matter to Nita in, say, A Wizard Abroad.

Besides, just because you're attracted to someone doesn't mean you want to date them. And it certainly doesn't mean that they can't date someone else!
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I think what Kit thought about Nita in the miniskirt was just DD's way of showing us that Kit's hormones were "turning on." It might've been too confusing if all of a sudden he was thinking about some random girl, and we would've been like, "Huh? Who's she? How come she's never mentioned again? Is she important? What the heck!"

I'm not sure Nita sees Ronan enough in order for him to be a "boyfriend." yes they're wizards and can transport anywhere on the planet easily, but I feel like she's in her own hemisphere more than traveling around the planet, and she and Ronan have their own local-wizardly things to do.

Not that I don't like Ronan. I love Ronan. For me. :P

Comment

Working...
                        X